Back in the saddle

SC777

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
SC777
So I had my first lesson today since I amassed around 20 hours way back in 1999 and had to give it up due to being young, buying a house, getting married and having zero disposable income. Talk about being rusty! Worked on Pre flight procedures, TOAL, steep turns, engine out emergency, control familiarization for a around 2 hours at KLVK. Kinda like riding a bike except the bike is a unicycle! Gonna take me a while to get back into the flow but I’ll be back in the left seat of the 172 again in a couple days. Lots to learn but very excited to see this through to fruition!

Good luck in the pursuit of your flying goals!

So I had my first lesson today since I amassed around 20 hours way back in 1999 and had to give it up due to being young, buying a house, getting married and having zero disposable income

I was in the same boat as you three years ago except I had last flown in the left seat in 1986. When tower asked me if this was a student first solo solo I replied "in this century" :D. Now I have my instrument, complex and high performance, a member of two clubs and my wife's first question about a trip is "which plane are we taking".

Enjoy the flying of course but also enjoy being part of the great GA community.

Welcome back ,remember flying is supposed to be fun,enjoy.

20 years off - I'm impressed anything came back. Well done for being persistent. Things changed much? You know, electric start vs hand propping, radios instead of flare gun signals, etc. :D

What’s up with this whole GPS thing??

So I had my first lesson today since I amassed around 20 hours way back in 1999 and had to give it up due to being young, buying a house, getting married and having zero disposable income. Talk about being rusty! Worked on Pre flight procedures, TOAL, steep turns, engine out emergency, control familiarization for a around 2 hours at KLVK. Kinda like riding a bike except the bike is a unicycle! Gonna take me a while to get back into the flow but I’ll be back in the left seat of the 172 again in a couple days. Lots to learn but very excited to see this through to fruition!

my other hobby is riding unicycle... it’s not hard...really! :)

We're goin' back to the Shadows again !
Out where an Indian's your friend!
Where the vegetables are green,
And you can pee right into the stream!
(And that's important!)
We're back from the Shadows again

Nice - glad to have you back. We need you.

Back