Toilet Paper

I went to WalMart this morning to pick up some drugs and as I was walking out the door, I saw a guy with a big package of toilet paper.

I dropped off my stash in the car, turned around and went right back in.

There were just a few boxes left and i grabbed a 12 pack of some Walmart branded sandpaper-ish stuff.

It's not the deeeluxe stuff from HEB, but it will do if I use up all six rolls I have left!

I was just about to be wiped out, but I'm OK now. <-- See what I did there?

Yep. Know how many countries around the world customarily don’t use toilet paper? Many.

This is such a non problem it’s pathetic.

This is true. Most of it is a culture thing. Time your poo just before your daily shower and things will really go smoothly.

On the other hand, I have been to some of the countries that don't use or have TP and it is not all happiness and roses. At least not in some of the non-European countries. They didn't use bidet's or showers after a poo.

Remember the movie Demolition Man? How did the seashells work?

You all a buncha ice hole bastages. Oh gee, guess I pizzed ya off. Go ahead, TP my house

Yep. Know how many countries around the world customarily don’t use toilet paper? Many.

That’s the thing in some cultures. You have your wiping hand and your eating hand. Thieves get a hand cut off. Now ya gotta eat with yer wiping hand

That’s the thing in some cultures. You have your wiping hand and your eating hand. Thieves get a hand cut off. Now ya gotta eat with yer wiping hand
And that is one way to prevent the general public from shaking hands and spreading the virus

Can someone explain to me why there is a run (so to speak) on toilet paper? As far as I know, the sickness does not cause diarrhea. Someone told me people use it to fabricate face masks, but I don't see people walking around with toilet paper wrapped around their heads either.

Can someone explain to me why there is a run (so to speak) on toilet paper? As far as I know, the sickness does not cause diarrhea. Someone told me people use it to fabricate face masks, but I don't see people walking around with toilet paper wrapped around their heads either.
Lemmings following each other off the cliff? ("There's a TP shortage, we'd better get ours before they run out.")

This is the same board that argues over whether to let people wear shoes in the house. I doubt the same group would be happy about scrubbed deuce particles flying around their homes.

This is the same board that argues over whether to let people wear shoes in the house.
You do realize it's just all one big conspiracy to distract us so we won't argue over picks and nits of an FAR, it's interpretation, and application to various flight situations.

Closest friends - she's a retired nurse and he's a pharmacologist (PhD, too!). Her birthday this year is on Easter Sunday. We've decided that no matter what, we're celebrating. All 8 attendees will wear hazmat suits and the lamb roast will be served and carved here:

H50025-0020-image.jpg

Closest friends - she's a retired nurse and he's a pharmacologist (PhD, too!). Her birthday this year is on Easter Sunday. We've decided that no matter what, we're celebrating. All 8 attendees will wear hazmat suits and the lamb roast will be served and carved here:

H50025-0020-image.jpg
Make sure she uses compressed air to blow out the candles to reduce the chance of bio material landing on the cake.

I was just having lunch at whole foods. Everybody stocking up on bottled water.

that doesn't make sense having a virus doesn't cause them to turn off the water supply. I think what's happening is people feel the need to panic but they don't know how to panic. People feel like they need to be doing something they just don't know what it is.

that doesn't make sense having a virus doesn't cause them to turn off the water supply. I think what's happening is people feel the need to panic but they don't know how to panic. People feel like they need to be doing something they just don't know what it is.

What they should be doing is staying home as much as possible. Jeez people, here's a situation that darn near requires them to be couch potatoes, and they're missing out on it. You've made me say it, go home and veg! And get plenty of sleep!

I think that's it. You can feel like you have no control over anything, or you can do something like buy water and toilet paper.

What they should be doing is staying home as much as possible. Jeez people, here's a situation that darn near requires them to be couch potatoes, and they're missing out on it. You've made me say it, go home and veg! And get plenty of sleep!
Right? It seems perfect - stay home, don't talk to anyone, watch TV, read a book, take a nap, don't wear pants.

I was never very worried about the virus. The reaction of the public, government, and media has me a little concerned now.

We normally buy a week's worth of groceries at a time. I bought 2 weeks worth yesterday. A lot of stuff was sold out, but if you just needed food and weren't particular there was plenty to eat. I'm using a flank steak to make a beef and broccoli stir fry tonight, tomorrow I'll grill a nice sirloin and make baked potato. Later on in the week we'll be smoking a huge pork butt. So, the fact people bought out all the chicken and ground beef isn't hurting me much. Slightly worried about only having one jug of milk for the little one but I guess he needs to transition to water some day.

I think sixpapacharlie is spot on for part of it.... folks have some primal need to do "something"

that's the irrational side....
but I think there is a rational side to it too...well sorta....
people know that other people are hoarding it making for short supply.... so in a few days time when their 4 extra rolls they normally keep on hand run out, there isn't going to be inventory on the shelf to just run out and get a little more...so they think, I might as well hoard a little too....
Also, folks imagine that they could be told to stay at home and not go out for a month...so gotta prepare for that.

We normally buy a week's worth of groceries at a time. I bought 2 weeks worth yesterday. A lot of stuff was sold out, but if you just needed food and weren't particular there was plenty to eat. I'm using a flank steak to make a beef and broccoli stir fry tonight, tomorrow I'll grill a nice sirloin and make baked potato. Later on in the week we'll be smoking a huge pork butt. So, the fact people bought out all the chicken and ground beef isn't hurting me much.
Interestingly, I saw that chicken was gone, turkey was gone, frozen fish was mostly gone, fresh beef was about 2/3 gone, pork was half gone but there were cases upon cases of corned beef available.

Interestingly, I saw that chicken was gone, turkey was gone, frozen fish was mostly gone, fresh beef was about 2/3 gone, pork was half gone but there were cases upon cases of corned beef available.

Everyone canceled their St Patrick's day plans? Kinda silly, that cured stuff ought to last quite a while in the fridge I think. Great thing to buy in this situation and it's delicious.

...I think what's happening is people feel the need to panic but they don't know how to panic. People feel like they need to be doing something they just don't know what it is.

It's a pretty good indication that American society has become soft, lazy and pampered when we can't even figure out how to panic.

You'd think all that television watching would have indoctrinated more life skills than prank phone calls and whatever it is those hideous women with all the facial reconstruction are rattling on about...

The mayor of Houston made a public announcement today, stating that the local HEB stores would remain open. No ****...

The Local HEB stores manager made an announcement that they were hiring and needed hundreds of workers...

Knowing Houston, there would be riots if the grocery stores closed...

I have plenty of TP. I'm tempted to take some up in the plane and toss it out to play the game of "how many times can I cut it?" like I used to do in the T-Craft just to freak people out. But nowadays it'd probably trigger hundreds of 911 calls...

You'd think all that television watching would have indoctrinated more life skills than prank phone calls and whatever it is those hideous women with all the facial reconstruction are rattling on about...

Why, isn't it all reality shows, medical drama and police procedurals these days.

Even the show about the zombie apocalypse doesn't have much information on actually surviving, just fighting with other survivors. If the world as we know it gets to that, not the zombies, just the fighting amongst ourselves for dwindling supplies, I think I'll catch up on TWD to be better prepared.

The stores here are out of bottled water. However, I live on a well. Not one of those shallow wells where the water requires chewing before swallowing but a deep well where the water is cool and sweet.

No chicken here either. But lots and lots of ground beef. My wife is almost panicky because there is no rice to be found.

And one last thing. It must be really bad on the reservation because there is no Spam left on the shelves....

My company supplies the eggs for approx 1000 Walmart stores. It has been an interesting week.
I stopped at a Walmart market on the way home today. No eggs.

I’ve wondered: how long between laying and stocking a shelf?

It's always been a thing. Hurricane coming, get TP. Happens with natural disasters all the time. Haven't seen it this degree though. But then talk of a year to cook up a vaccine puts a different light on it.

I just got back from Walmart. There was a huge stack up front by the checkout. In the back where they usually are it was pretty close to cleared out.

We usually have the eggs to the distribution center within three days of lay. I can assure you that a lot of eggs laid this morning are on the road this afternoon.

We usually have the eggs to the distribution center within three days of lay. I can assure you that a lot of eggs laid this morning are on the road this afternoon.
I’m always impressed by how quickly food gets from the field to the shopping cart in this country.

.... Meanwhile, at the CEO's executive office of Spirit Airlines, the new kid bursts in all excited,

"Boss! Boss! I figured out how we can survive the decline of business while this virus thing gets sorted out. We install a coin-op vending machine in the lavatories and sell TP to our passengers at 5¢ a square!"​

Back