Votes: 85 44.7%
  • Both

Votes: 27 14.2%
  • Mid wing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bi plane

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've owned Cessnas 172, 182, and now LSAs - all high wings - so that's what I like, apparently. Of course, nothing beats the looks of a low wing. Even a slow Cherokee looks fast sitting on the ramp.

Most of us would agree that we would prefer two doors over one, and that a roomy cabin is preferable to a cramped cabin, and that great visibility is better than looking at the top of a wing (and that looking up is important too), and that seeing the runway while turning base and final is a real safety feature.

So why isn't everyone flying a Cardinal? :)

The club has three high wings - 2 C-172 and 1 C-182. We used to have a low wing - Arrow. So, I marked the high wing as that's all we have now.

You need an additional option: Mid Wing. :D

Yes, not a bad choice -

Extra-300-mid-wing-for-sale.jpg

I’ve owned both now. I see advantages of both. I’m not willing to declare a winner.

Most of us would agree that we would prefer two doors over one, and that a roomy cabin is preferable to a cramped cabin, and that great visibility is better than looking at the top of a wing (and that looking up is important too), and that seeing the runway while turning base and final is a real safety feature.

real airplanes have a bubble, no doors and the third wheel on back where it belongs...........

I currently own a high wing Maule for off airport camping. Previously I owned a low wing Grumman AA5 Traveler. In between I had a Pitts S2A and I guess that qualifies as a high wing and a low wing simultaneously. Where the wing is located on the planes I own is driven by my primary use at the time.

Funny, other than looking straight down the visibility is one of the things I hate about high wings. I feel trapped and have to keep leaning forward to see anything other than straight down

Low wing every day, and they fly *sooo* much better. The one door gymnastics to get in and out is well worth it

Plus, feels like you're flying a "real" plane looking out over a clean wing cutting through the clouds.. much better than the mess of struts, landing gear, flap tracks, pitot tubes, etc. that a high wing provides

I now own a Cardinal RG but would fly anything I’m permitted to fly. I do really like the view out of the Cardinal but the key is that my wife prefers to ride in a high wing for the view out her window. Anything that helps to keep my wife flying with me is a good thing.

Real airplanes have 2 wings, a round engine, open cockpit, and a tail wheel.

Well, 4 outta 5 ain’t bad.

47bdaa494cc656e136cb49ba0e164b77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like one of these overpriced toy planes you get in aviation oriented souvenir shops ...

Looks like one of these overpriced toy planes you get in aviation oriented souvenir shops ...

Well, you know what they say about the difference between men and boys...

The cost of their toys.

Due to popular demand I have added mid wing and biplane to the poll options!!!

I own a low wing because it fits my mission for other reasons, and I answered the poll as such... But in my logbook are high, low, and mid wing airplanes as well as biplanes. I'll fly anything, I don't care where the wing(s) is/are, nor what they're powered by (or even if they're powered), or what they sit on (I've got wheels, skis, and floats in my logbook too...)

All flying is awesome. Period. No need to even discuss whether awesome is better than awesome!

Back