Sun N Fun 'postponed until May 5-10"

G-Man

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
AirmanG
It appears Sun N Fun is now postponed:

"Sun n Fun Fly-in is delaying until May 5-10 because of coronavirus concerns. The organization’s executive director sought city commissioners’ support for that decision and received it. Final decision on whether to proceed is targeted at April 17. "
https://www.lkldnow.com/coronavirus-local-groups-announce-precautions/

Not posted on Facebook yet, nor their website.
(While I'm reasonably confident about the source of the info I quoted, you might want to wait a few hours until there is official confirmation before changing plans...)

Last edited:
It appears Sun N Fun is now postponed:

"Sun n Fun Fly-in is delaying until May 5-10 because of coronavirus concerns. The organization’s executive director sought city commissioners’ support for that decision and received it. Final decision on whether to proceed is targeted at April 17. "
https://www.lkldnow.com/coronavirus-local-groups-announce-precautions/

Not posted on Facebook yet, nor their website.
(While I'm reasonably confident about the source of the info I quoted, you might want to wait a few hours until there is official confirmation before changing plans...)

I suspect they asked the city, but still need to run it by some of the key performers, exhibiters, etc. We probably won't see something until Monday or Tuesday (article said April 17 but I think they got the month wrong).

It's official now -- SnF has updated their FB page confirming the slip to 5-10 May.

I assume those of us who bought tickets and can't attend in May won't be getting refunds. Their Facebook page says to send an email to inquire about a refund. Sent.

Last edited:
...and it will be renamed....
now it's called
"Look-For-Shade and Fun"

anyway, i just pulled up their web site... not showing a change there.....

Didn’t pre buy tickets to the show, however a group of my northern pilots friends did reserve a house for the week of sun n fun, which includes a couple of Florida pilots ,have to wait and see what happens .

So at the moment I'm still planning on being at a business conference at Disney World that week. Friday the 9th is a free day before we fly out the 10th. Would SnF be a good day trip from Orlando?

So at the moment I'm still planning on being at a business conference at Disney World that week. Friday the 9th is a free day before we fly out the 10th. Would SnF be a good day trip from Orlando?

Absolutely!

This is so stupid. Oh well count me out. No way I’m going to Florida in May to be outside all day!

You email info@flysnf.org. They send you a form to fill out and then email it to another address to get a refund. I did it today. Lee

Back