Know A&P to assist with panel upgrade?

ZackJ

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
inferno8428
Hey guys I’m looking for an A&P that is familiar with engine management displays, probes, and either the gi275 or g5 installation.. I’m trying to see if I can assist in the process as well. Larger avionics shops charge anywhere from 8-15k for labor alone. Know anyone that’s experienced?? I’d definitely appreciate it. Oh and location is WPB Florida!

Who does your annuals? Do you have a good rapport? Start with them. Mine is supervising my audio panel and com replacement. Upgrading from 1979 Collins AMR 350 and VHF 250 panel and com respectively to GMA 345 and GTR 225. Should be a hoot and a half. And yeah, I too chose this route because it was tough to swallow the labor bill. Plus, I'm looking forward to getting to know my 172 better and cleaning up abandoned wiring, etc etc

This would be first annual - I have a shop on the field - but their charges are up there - they cater to commercial aviation more. Besides doing an owner assisted annual allows me to get a better understanding of what needs to be looked at.

Sounds like a less than optimal solution. I try to avoid big operations and prefer one or two man operations. Ask local pilots about what shops to use. Where are you based?

Back