Which new Iphone? My old one is somewhere in South America

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
I just returned from a fantastic trip to South America. After a fabulous 5 day small-boat cruise up the Amazon, we went to Santiago Chile and then Punta Arenas Chile.

I would post pictures, but they are all on my Iphone which is still in Santiago. I was standing on a street corner like a stupid tourist getting directions off the phone when a motorcycle zipped right by and snatched the phone out of my hand. One second I was looking at Google Maps and the next second I was looking at my palm.

So, I need a new phone. I was planning to wait for the Iphone 12, but my time table has been accelerated. I am now debating either buying an iphone 11, or just buying an older, used model to hole me over till the 12 is released.

I usually just move up from way behind to the next model. I had a 7 for ages. For the first time, I jumped, and I just jumped from the 7 to the 11, and I did it because of the camera. I'm very pleased with the quality of images on it, especially low light.

Hopefully you got on Find my iPhone to lock and erase the data on it + deactivating from your carrier.

Go retro and never worry about your phone getting snatched out of your hand again. Can even be used as a weapon....:lol::lol:

il_794xN.1725544058_bgh8.jpg

I recently went from the 7+ to the 11 Pro Max. I got the 11, when the battery on my 7 wouldn’t hold a decent charge and rather than hassle with having it repaired. I went for the new phone. I’m happy with the upgrade the 11 is sweet.

At AT&T, you could buy the cheapest iPhone the AT&T store has in stock (e.g., my wife recently got an iPhone 6s for $100 at an AT&T store), then get an upgrade extra early, using their Next Up plan. I'm not sure, but I think you can make payments early, paying off half the price of the phone you just bought, and then you're eligible to exercise the "Next Up" plan. (I think that's how Next Up works, but I haven't tried it.)

Back