Martinsburg WV Airport KMRB info please

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
We are contemplating a move to Martinsburg WV to be closer to the grand-kids. Someone please tell me about the availability of hangar space and the general state of GA in the area.

Thanks

I have mixed feelings about Howard Aircraft there (what are you flying?). The airport is pretty nice, however.

Secondhand info, but I recently heard they have hangars available. Can't speak for the shop at MRB, but HGR takes good care of our club plane. Maybe look at OKV too?

I did an annual inspection on a plane there....there is hangar space. Kind of a sleepy airport....when the Guard unit is not working. But, when they are it can be exciting.

Howard did work on this aircraft....I have no info on them...nor can I give you a rep on fuel prices and the FBO.

I'd base there.....I like it.

Depends on how much space you need. The old Grumman American factory is still empty...

But seriously, it's a pretty nice airport, as and GA is healthy in the area. Not sure about hangar space, but of all the airports in the area it's probably the most likely. But if I were thinking of moving to the area, there's a very nice private airport community right around the corner from Summit Point. Well tended grass strip, good folks. Last I knew there were building lots available, and price seemed pretty right.

Calling the FBO would be an excellent and simple method to determine hangar availability.

Depends on how much space you need. The old Grumman American factory is still empty...

But seriously, it's a pretty nice airport, as and GA is healthy in the area. Not sure about hangar space, but of all the airports in the area it's probably the most likely. But if I were thinking of moving to the area, there's a very nice private airport community right around the corner from Summit Point. Well tended grass strip, good folks. Last I knew there were building lots available, and price seemed pretty right.
I have a good friend at that grass strip..... ;)

There's another grass community strip NW of there - http://www.airnav.com/airport/WV22

No clue about hangers but Martinsburg is a pretty nice place and getting better. My wife and I have a cabin west of their so in and out a lot. Pretty sure Hagerstown has space and it's not far.

Can't answer your actual question, but I've flown in and out of there several times for work, and I always found it to be a nice enough place to be. Friendly folks, nice facilities, etc.

Back