Rough River Kentucky Fly-in 2020 - April 23-26

Someone help this new owner out... what goes on at the fly-in? Is it ok to just come down for the day? What would one bring or expect to do?

Someone help this new owner out... what goes on at the fly-in? Is it ok to just come down for the day? What would one bring or expect to do?

well, can't really give you all the details, you kinda just have to show up and have a good time and experience it for yourself. as far as coming down for the day, which day? typically Saturday has been reserved for getting rid of hangovers then flying around in different people's planes. there's been talk of flying somewhere for lunch this year on Saturday, although we may have talked about doing that every other year as well, not sure. a bunch of good peeps have gone each year, and hopefully that trend continues. still haven't heard a peep from @bbchien on whether he's coming back this year. or @tawood or @masloki ...

@eman1200 I’ve got the plane and cabin reserved. And now family in from out of town. So, not looking good unless I can clone myself

The seven stages of a fly-in: announcement, curiosity, excitement, encouragement, engagement, and then reality hits, followed by backing out.
good observation. Where are we now with the event 7+ weeks out?

The seven stages of a fly-in: announcement, curiosity, excitement, encouragement, engagement, and then reality hits, followed by backing out.

Seems to be a recurring theme around here these days...:yesnod:

Bring your guitar, bring your golf clubs, BYOB but don't bring your virus. If you think you are feeling ill or if you've been around someone who is ill stay away.

BTW, if you get the Corona virus twice, is it called Dos Equis?

Bring your guitar, bring your golf clubs, BYOB but don't bring your virus. If you think you are feeling ill or if you've been around someone who is ill stay away.

BTW, if you get the Corona virus twice, is it called Dos Equis?

I thought since it originated in .china, it was called Yingling!

Someone said that Anheuser-Busch has offered 1Mil to change the name to "Millervirus."

Well, not looking so good for the family traveling from Europe now. Looks like we are back on?
giphy.gif

@eman1200 I’ve got the plane and cabin reserved. And now family in from out of town. So, not looking good unless I can clone myself

Let's start it on Thur this time so that one guy that can never get there on the first day gets an additional day to negotiate the weather. Also means those of us that are slow have a longer break in their flying even though they will be in a Cirrus, or their "new to them" Bonanza or Mooney at that time.

I feel the group agreed Rough River Dam was preferable to the KY Dam State park.

Airport identifier: 2I3

I believe we had 26 attendees this year.

I added a 2nd tab for 2020 to the existing signup sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...uP3_ZVoXbW25qOKmN6KsPipnY/edit#gid=2140983989
Hello 6PC,

Would you, please, tell me the name/mission of this group? I live 51 nm from 2I3 Rough River State Park and go to fly-ins there, often camping with my plane. April is coming up quickly and I'm interested to join the fly-in. Thanks.

chall428 Charlie Hall, Newburgh IN

Hello 6PC,

Would you, please, tell me the name/mission of this group? I live 51 nm from 2I3 Rough River State Park and go to fly-ins there, often camping with my plane. April is coming up quickly and I'm interested to join the fly-in. Thanks.

chall428 Charlie Hall, Newburgh IN
Welcome to PoA Charlie. Kick back, relax and have a good time. Hope to meet you in Rough River.

I don't know how to add a poll in the middle of a thread but if I could I would ask if this event should be added to SocialFlight.com

For the uninitiated we all fly in, arriving sometime on one of the days planned depending on weather and other obligations. We all sort of meander around the airport/lodge area looking at airplanes, talking about airplanes, drinking, and eating. Sometimes there's even flying of airplanes. Any sort of structure or plan is non-existent.

Usually it culminates in a cookout and drinking on the last night.

I don't know how to add a poll in the middle of a thread but if I could I would ask if this event should be added to SocialFlight.com

here's a poll for you, @cgrab

1) have you BOOKED a room or cabin for this year yet?
a) yes
b) no

if no, let's work on that. for now, I totally agree with @X3 Skier , NO on posting this to the internet where a whole bunch of people we don't know may show up. oh wait, that's kinda what we do every year.....

as for structure, all the structure we need is in the title of this thread.....the location and the date. everything else just falls into place. we've talked every year about doing one thing or another (golf, shooting range, flying to lunch, etc...) but it's typically just been hanging out with good peeps, talkin planes, imbibing, eating food, and a moderate amount of shenanigans. although I think this is really the year where we fly to lunch on Saturday. I think. I know some people were asking about this thing called "a plan", but I'm just not that smart. I think the ladies went on a hike last year, that was about as organized as things got.

Let's hope this thing has hit its peak and is on a downward trend by the time Rough River arrives. My office just told us all to work from home for two weeks. Restaurants are closed for two weeks etc., same for many of you.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

my knucklehead company kicked us out over 3 years ago, they said "we need your cubes, you're working from home now". Sounds good haven't been in the office in over 3 years. recently they started a campaign to get everyone back into the office. dumb #$%ers. now the virus hits, and they say everyone has to work from home. I honestly think mgmt. here is a bunch of monkeys sitting in a room banging on the "WFH, Don't WFH" buttons.

I went to my volunteer job this morning and they kicked me out. They are laying off everyone starting tomorrow. It is the HSV Botanical Gardens, with all the events cancelled they have no income. Yesterday we went through and collected everything we bought for the shop that we hadn't opened and took it back. I help with the maintenance, keeping the mowers and trucks running. Hopefully the folks can find work in the mean time..

Steamboat (and all other downhill ski resorts) in Colorado shut down Sunday. Highly unlikely they will reopen this season so I’m working handling cancellations and heading back to OH Saturday. Sort of spooky around the ski area with lots of snow, bright sunshine and a few folks hiking up for some runs.

Checking out hazmat suits for Rough River:cool:

Cheers

Back