Correct Part numbers

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
What is the correct part number to replace the brake assembly of the 1959 Cessna 172

The OEM was the old Goodyear, they are no longer available.

I'm told to use the 182 kit, (SEB -005) but how do we do that with out authorization.

I'm told to use the 182 kit, (SEB -005) but how do we do that with out authorization.
I thought it was to replace McCauley brakes? I believe listed in SEB00-5 is a Cessna kit number you order which has the install approval. A quick call to Textron Support will confirm.;)

If it's a part issue, my Fly Baby originally had Goodyears from (I believe) a 172. Still lying around the hangar, though I sold one to a guy a couple of years back. This one has the kidney-shaped pads. I've got another Goodyear with the circular pads, don't know what it's from.

Ron Wanttaja

I thought it was to replace McCauley brakes? I believe listed in SEB00-5 is a Cessna kit number you order which has the install approval. A quick call to Textron Support will confirm.;)

The 1959 Cessna 172 came from the factory with the old Good years, McCauleys came later, but they too can not replaced.
same problem.

Cleveland does not have a direct replacement for the 1956-1972.

we know the 182 kit does fit.
the problem is a matter of how do the paper ?

If it's a part issue, my Fly Baby originally had Goodyears from (I believe) a 172. Still lying around the hangar, though I sold one to a guy a couple of years back. This one has the kidney-shaped pads. I've got another Goodyear with the circular pads, don't know what it's from.

Ron Wanttaja
the certified part is a requirement for us.

show it to me.

the certified part is a requirement for us.
These are Goodyear wheels, obviously you can't use my hand-made pads, but if there's another part you need, like a clip or the brake cylinder or something....?

Ron Wanttaja

Tom, see this:

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/pages/st/manu_cleveland_wheel_cessna/clevelandcessna.php

If you scroll down that page past the list of kits to the charts of what they fit, it shows the 199-46 or 46C applicable to the 172A thru 172E. It shows an STC as one of the kit components. The kit with chrome discs (199-46C) is on sale at just a bit more than the plain steel disc kit (-46).
We know what fits, problem AS&S is not a legal authorization to install.

Have a 1957 172. SA13GL was used to convert in the early 90s.

It requires a STC SA13GL by McFarlane, there is no direct replacment for the early 172.

Here is STC SA13GL:

Attachments

• SA13GL.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Back