Hello! What's in your hangar?

PaulR035

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Paul R
Hi- new member (PPL) and new first-time owner here. Wanted to introduce myself and ask for some recommendations!

What's in your hangar? My new (to me) plane will be in the shop a couple weeks before coming home, so I want to use that time to get some basic supplies for the hangar. I'm thinking your favorite glass/leading edge cleaner, basic tools I'll need (I'm not particularly handy but willing to learn), storage, etc.

Anything you can think of that I can put into my Aircraft Spruce order this week? Thanks!

2A2E1C8C-541B-440F-9239-BE61ACFE1050.jpeg

Depends what you like to do. My hangar has a growing inventory of tools and hardware. It already has a comfy seating area, lots of storage racks, bench space, etc. Having a house attached to it make the other amenities unnecessary.

Last edited:
Twintruders!

Nauga,
who has never seen a real one fly without outboard pylons

Yeah, old school and new school. I’ve only flown the old one (VA-205) and the F-16 behind it. Too many toys and not enough time. Also got an F-4 but the landing gear won’t come down. :mad:

86DAE176-AF7E-4098-AD96-CF706AE40001.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi- new member (PPL) and new first-time owner here. Wanted to introduce myself and ask for some recommendations!

What's in your hangar? My new (to me) plane will be in the shop a couple weeks before coming home, so I want to use that time to get some basic supplies for the hangar. I'm thinking your favorite glass/leading edge cleaner, basic tools I'll need (I'm not particularly handy but willing to learn), storage, etc.

Anything you can think of that I can put into my Aircraft Spruce order this week? Thanks!

:needpics:

So, did we miss the mandatory pictures you allegedly already posted of your new (to you) plane? :p

What's in your hangar?
Congrats on your new bird!

We bought the following in no particular order (except the first one):

-Beer fridge
-Microwave
-Couches/rug/end and coffee tables/lamps (yes I have a wife)
-Rolling tool chest
-Lots of tools
-Air compressor
-Grill
-Water hose spool
-Camping Chairs
-WiFi thermostat
-Oil/filter/camgaurd
-Cleaning supplies
-Battery Minder
-Extension cord
-Couple 5-gallon buckets
-Bluetooth speaker
-Creeper
-Trash can

That should get you started at least :)

Ice Melt
Ice Chipper #1
Ice Chipper #2
Shovel # 1
Shovel # 2
Lawn Tractor with Blade
Grinder to sharpen the ice chippers
Air compressor to fill lawn tractor tires.
Security system to monitor all the snow/ice removal gear :)

...sorry lots of ice lately!

I got a creeper to make cleaning the gunk off the belly easier. And of course rags/papertowels and some 'stuff,' don't remember the brand, to clean the gunk off. Ladder, yeah it was a high wing. Air compressor. A few basic hand tools.

Congrats on your new bird!

We bought the following in no particular order (except the first one):

-Beer fridge
-Microwave
-Couches/rug/end and coffee tables/lamps (yes I have a wife)
-Rolling tool chest
-Lots of tools
-Air compressor
-Grill
-Water hose spool
-Camping Chairs
-WiFi thermostat
-Oil/filter/camgaurd
-Cleaning supplies
-Battery Minder
-Extension cord
-Couple 5-gallon buckets
-Bluetooth speaker
-Creeper
-Trash can

That should get you started at least :)

This list. Well, maybe without the couch, coffee tables and rug ;) I could use a microwave, I like that item.

I also added a dry erase board to keep track of airplane info and my currency info. I know, we can look it up in a log book, but, it's easier to glance at the board when in the hangar. It also helps to know at a glance what you need for instrument currency, ok, at least this old man does.

ASEL - Passengers Current Until:
ASEL - Night
IFR - Airplane Current Until:
Annual:
ELT:

VOR:
Medical Due
Flight Review Due
OIL Change Due
Shop list items needed

I don’t have a garage at home, so my hangar includes a surplus Humvee, a trailer, two kayaks, and whatever else my wife has determined she doesn’t want stored in the house.

Oh, and a fridge, sofa, tools, and a plane.

Beer fridge.
:yeahthat:
Beer fridge.

Workbench, gym locker, tools, ladder, cases of oil, cleaning supplies, trash can, fire extinguisher, couple of comfy chairs.

Oh yeah, beer in the fridge!

An airplane and a whole lot of cruft that collects dust and hasn’t been moved since it was put in there.

The plane, tools, a couple of ass wagons, and the beer fridge

839887d9d4832073a90382d08f757d94.jpg
a7357d06654b98e43313ac00c8c17d25.jpg

Couch, fridge, tools, dog crates.

Coulda sworn we just did this thread a couple of months ago...

LIGHTS! My T hangar comes with a single light socket above its only double 110vac outlet. To say its dim, is an understatement. And, landlord insists that there is no remodeling allowed.

I bought two of those crazy 6,000 lumen LED floods and mounted them on homemade tripods on wheels that get them up nice and high, Total amp draw is low enough that I can run a small air compressor and a small fridge.

When I close my hangar door, I get no cell, WIFi, or radio signals. I am renting, so I dont want to do anything permanent, but I would love to get TV and/or radio reception. If I could get a good cell signal, I could stream everything if I had to.

Add a small shop vac to the growing list

kids bikes, base radio for listening to traffic, plastic drops pans for the door flaps to catch oil, gin, clear view for the windshield with cotton based cloths.

I also added a dry erase board to keep track of airplane info and my currency info.

Great idea, way better than my spreadsheet. How did you hang the dry erase board? Hangar is being rented so I can't drill holes or anything.

:needpics:

So, did we miss the mandatory pictures you allegedly already posted of your new (to you) plane? :p

Hah, my mistake. Here are a couple. 1968 straight wing Arrow!

20200228_094115.jpg 20200228_164134.jpg

Attachments

• 20200228_140539 (1).jpg
    20200228_140539 (1).jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20200228_155825.jpg
    20200228_155825.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 10
The airplane, some quarts of oil, rags, and glass cleaner. Planning to install a stripper pole in the near future.

67414CC8-5FA4-4667-8082-347311E3253D.jpeg

Great idea, way better than my spreadsheet. How did you hang the dry erase board? Hangar is being rented so I can't drill holes or anything.

I used two sheet metal screws. I’m sure there are those stick on systems that can hold the board up.

I took my motorcycle for a ride the other day, CB-1100. It was 54 out, just wanted to warm the oil up some. I put on some snowmobile gear, plenty warm.

A good leading edge cleaner is purple power. Spray it on and let it sit for a bit but not for too long. Then fill a bucket with hot water and a little more purple power and wipe it off with a rag. Works good for me

View attachment 83253

Depends what you like to do. My hangar has a growing inventory of tools and hardware. It already has a comfy seating area, lots of storage racks, bench space, etc. Having a house attached to it make the other amenities unnecessary.
How do you keep your planes from sliding off the wall?

I guess I like old things
9a4f62e5bbe9b2ff9a40b1576105c1e6.jpg

Looks a lot like the first muscle car I ever got to drive. It accelerated like a bat out of hell and didn't have near enough suspension or brakes for what was under the hood. But man, what a blast!

Back