There are good folks out there

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
Flew home yesterday after the Sunday NASCAR race in Vegas. On the second flight of the day Seattle to Juneau, I pulled my wallet out and put it in the pocket in the seat back.

I hate sitting on my wallet, and normally carry in a coat pocket as I'm always wearing a coat in Juneau.

Well I got off the plane without my wallet. Noticed I was without my wallet when I was waiting for checked luggage.

Headed to AK airlines counter, a woman came up to me looking at my GA keycard (it has my picture on it). She said "are you looking for this?" Sure enough, she had my wallet. I said "yes how did you know I left it in the seat pocket?". She said "her 6 year old daughter, noticed it so I figured I would either find you or leave it with AK airlines".

Well I thanked them both and gave the 6 year old $10.

Everyone was happy...:)

Flew home yesterday after the Sunday NASCAR race in Vegas. On the second flight of the day Seattle to Juneau, I pulled my wallet out and put it in the pocket in the seat back.

I hate sitting on my wallet, and normally carry in a coat pocket as I'm always wearing a coat in Juneau.

Well I got off the plane without my wallet. Noticed I was without my wallet when I was waiting for checked luggage.

Headed to AK airlines counter, a woman came up to me looking at my GA keycard (it has my picture on it). She said "are you looking for this?" Sure enough, she had my wallet. I said "yes how did you know I left it in the seat pocket?". She said "her 6 year old daughter, noticed it so I figured I would either find you or leave it with AK airlines".

Good on them.. good on you!

I might've emptied the wallet , and given all of it to the six year old... Seems a bit extreme, but that's the way you'd have otherwise gotten it back, maybe.... If at all.

Especially the little girl!

Good story, and good outcome. I contend that the majority of people are pretty good people. It's the minority that ruins it for the rest of us.

Good on them.. good on you!

I might've emptied the wallet , and given all of it to the six year old... Seems a bit extreme, but that's the way you'd have otherwise gotten it back, maybe.... If at all.

$10 might have been emptying the wallet, lol. I usually don't have more than $20 on me at any time unless I know I'm making a cash purchase that day.

I once left my wallet on top of a gas pump in Oakdale, CA while on a camping trip deep in the Sierra Nevada mountains...

Since we were isolated from all humanity for three days in the wilderness, I didn't notice my wallet was missing until I was back home.

I spent the next three days wondering where I put it and horrified by the thought of having to go to the DMV...

On the fourth day, a fat envelope arrived in my mailbox with my wallet in it, complete with cash. The gas station owner waited a few days to see if I would come get it, then mailed it to me.

I attempted to thank him the next time I passed through town, but the station was under new management...

Last edited:
Yes the Bush race Saturday was canceled, rained hard. They ran the race Sunday after the cup race. A good time was had by all

I wanted to watch the Bush race on Saturday. I think I saw 10 laps before it was called.

Did ya feel at home with all the rain.?? :lol::lol:

$10 might have been emptying the wallet, lol. I usually don't have more than $20 on me at any time unless I know I'm making a cash purchase that day.
$10 was all I had. I don't gamble but the wife plays penny slots. I think the penny slots cost me $150...:eek:

Back