Mid-Atlantic PoA lunch

I will have to let folks know tomorrow. Need to visit elderly parent, still haven't worked out the schedule, though it's usually early afternoon.

:( I'll be up in PA shooting a small bore sillhouette match Sunday.

I bailed from work midday and just got home from flying the 182 from there up to York and back to get some landings in. Note post-flight beer.

WQjSnLZ.jpg

Sorry, we have to cancel. We just got a call from our dog sitter that one of our dogs seems really ill and may not make it. We’re getting on the road home shortly. Will try to make it back up in the near future.

Dang just reading this. Had daughters soccer at 1 anyway so wouldn’t have been able to.

How about Sat sept 28? Anybody going anywhere good? I have all day for once so I can actually do a lunch run.

Willie did not make it. All rather sudden. Still, we returned home to give him a proper burial. Maybe plan a fall trip back to DC for some unfit business - will let you know.

Anybody in the DC area want to meet up at Runways at HGR for lunch on Saturday (9/28) ? Never been, but the menu looks good.

I am going VFR and the ceilings don't look great in the morning, but coming up late morning or around noon. So I think I will be there around 1 or 1:30. Anybody want to meet up? I'm solo since my youngest doesn't want to go and my other kid has something in the afternoon. Wife won't fly with me... Would be nice to have some company.

The crab cakes are very good. I’d go but getting checked out in a new club plane tomorrow.

@Pugs thanks! What are you flying tomorrow?

Just hope the clouds cooperate. Gotta get my IR soon!

Willie did not make it. All rather sudden. Still, we returned home to give him a proper burial. Maybe plan a fall trip back to DC for some unfit business - will let you know.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

@Pugs thanks! What are you flying tomorrow?

Just hope the clouds cooperate. Gotta get my IR soon!

Well didn’t get the checkout done. We’re standing around the plane chatting waiting for the clouds to lift and I think “hmmm people are running down the runway. Airport zombie attack?” Um no. Neither of us had looked at NOTAMS yet and they were running a 5k on the runway.

Club is 2nd club for me. 10 folks and an Archer. Good group and the plane is nicely equipped and $95 an hour.

Airport zombie apocalypse 5k! Too bad. I didn't go either. Clouds didn't come up in time for me. Probably could have made it if I left around noon, but I would have been rushed for lunch and I wanted to play it safe with the weather.

Next weekend I'm in the same position if the weather cooperates - maybe heading out to Luray to see the caverns with my kids... Or HGR for lunch. Or... heck if the weather is warm enough oxb to the beach.

182 KGAI to KBYL for me next weekend. Followed by about 7 hours on the tractor hauling the bush hog and I’ll bet 3 hours of chainsaw work getting the family farm ready for deer season.

Nothing I know of. I was planning on flying Friday am but wx looks decent and could shift to Sat am if folks wanted to meet up. Ok, to tell the truth I'd be happy to fly both days :D

I'm around....and should be good to go.

I met fellow Beech Aero Club there last Sunday and it was a mess. We had eleven people and there was an open set of three tables to fit us in but instead they made us wait for a round table. They decided it was better for eleven to sit at the round table with a square table added, then seat a party of five that came after us on the remaining two square tables. I bet we waited a good 20-30 minutes for the round to open up and then another 30-40 minutes for food, the table of five ate before us. Obviously the daughter did not pay attention to the efficient operation her mother ran for so many years.

This has been our go to place, excellent food and service for many years. I hope it's better the next time we visit.

http://gmflightlog.blogspot.com/2020/02/bac-fly-in.html

Dang. I have the plane from 11-4 on Saturday, but not Sunday... Love Kay's. Anybody going anywhere Saturday?

I was thinking 11ish to give it a chance to warm up a bit...

POA Folks - winds dying overnight - ceilings > 5K looks like a good time for people to join George and I for lunch tomorrow!

POA Folks - winds dying overnight - ceilings > 5K looks like a good time for people to join George and I for lunch tomorrow!
Pictures for the rest of us please!

Well, they'll have to do it. Got the plane out of the hangar and started and the Garmin 750 decided to take a winter nap. :rolleyes: By the time I troubleshot and got it back in the hangar it would have been too late to switch planes and make it.

Spring is coming and hopefully we can have a big Mid-Atlantic get together.

Bummer about the gps. I didn’t have the plane today so couldn’t have gone. But this is torture - friends wanted to meet at the 2 solos brewery which is right by HEF. And they must be landing 16 today because all I see are planes flying over my head making me wish I was up. Oh well. Next time.

Great trip report. George's 140 is a beauty, and your Commander is also impressive, That hop was easy navigation, and the wind staying up is only fair. Too bad Pugs missed out.

It may have been bumpy, but if you had been further west, the rolling turbulence from the mountains would have been much worse. George must have noticed that.

We had our club annual meeting yesterday and I was told "oh, that 750 is cold natured in 405JH and likely would have come up about the time you finished your runup and call clearance" Guess that would have been good to know. It hasn't behaved that way before with me but I know now and it was 28 degrees Sat night so pretty brisk.

One of the things I look forward to here in three years is having my own plane and understanding it's little tricks. Right now I potentially fly 5 different planes between two clubs and there is often an "ah ha" moment.

I'd expect it to work properly at colder temps than that... beware "normalization of deviance".

Nice crowd at CGE. There was a bird dog, a navion, a bo, and a friend showed up in his 195.

Thanks for lunch, Gary!

Necro-thread alert

Flying over to Cambridge Sat am for breakfast. Should be there about 0800 when they open.

@Pugs checking now... glad you resurrected this one.

Well crap -- I'm now a maybe - the club 182RG I was going to fly just went down for possible alternator issues (voltage and amps all over the place). A&P may get to it Friday but if not Monday.

If I don't make it won't be the last get together there.

Nuts. Grab the other one? You guys have two right? :cool:

+ clubs = great to have a variety of planes to fly
- clubs = crap, the other members want to fly too! How dare they take all the planes!

Just... you know... change the sign-up sheet so the other guy has the non-RG 182

Seriously hope the alternator gets fixed. And yeah we can do it another time if not. It was about a year ago when I met y'all out there. It was my first trip after getting my private.

Back