Who Has the Monkey?

OK, 2/3 gotten...
#1 is the Horton House on Jekyll Island (09J)
#2 is the Georgia Sea Turtle Center, also on Jekyll Island. (I thought that two from the same place would throw people off, but @Dave Theisen's too observant...)

#3 is somewhere in South Carolina...

Okay, I'll make this more fun by making it a "Guess Where?" game. I'll just say these are all "Places in the South"...

#1: "Why are there oyster shells embedded in the walls?"
View attachment 83047

#2: "Turtles! I LOVE turtles! With a little garlic butter and some lemon..."
View attachment 83048

#3: "POWDER!! Also... suck it, British!"
(Sorry, it's a dark photo... Monkey is sitting above the "Z" in the sign.)
View attachment 83049

So... guesses?
I can give more hints if you can't get 'em right away...

St Augustine

I’ve ridden my bike by the Horton House many times. So I was pretty sure that was it.

We took my daughter to the Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Center when she was 10, during her “I want to be a marine biologist” phase. Turns out she hates science and can’t even walk by the fish section at Publix. :)
It was very cool. We got to go in the operating room while they were working on a turtle that had been bitten by a shark.

Last edited:
Morgantown, WV.
Been here about three weeks, and we'll be hunkered down here for a while yet.

We've got plenty of alcohol in the house.

Photo is from the day I finally got to cross the Appalachians after being stuck on the east side by weather for a few days:
DSC01227_small.jpeg

The blue thing in the picture is Lake Mwa-ha-ha-hontario. :)

Man, I think the Monkey has more hours than I do at this point.

Morgantown, WV.
Been here about three weeks, and we'll be hunkered down here for a while yet.

We've got plenty of alcohol in the house.
I didn't realize the monkey was right there when I went to visit dad for Father's day last week. And having booze in the house is basically the law in Morgantown, even if you had to kick those Uniontown invaders out of your liquor stores :D

Back