Help identifying Cessna fuel cap part number

Nmm347

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Nmm347
I’m having a hard time identifying a Cessna part number and where it came from. The fuel caps on my C182 have the part number of C-100084-1 printed on them but I cannot find that number anywhere in the parts manual. Does anyone recognize this number or know if it was superseded with another number?

FYI I just changed out one of these seals on my 182 fuel cap, as it was loose when closing. As I was installing it the seal, I noticed the hex screw in the top of the cap was pretty loose, that was the real cause. I changed the seal anyhow, but wanted others to be aware to check the screw first.

On the eBay listing, where the cap says C156003 mine says C-100084.
As stated above 003 is the superseded number hence the 084 number in the ad. A quick call to Textron support will clarify.

The right gaskets with the slip ring are important, plus the hex nut on top of the needs to be adjusted for proper tension. Good to have a knowledgeable A&P help with a log book sign-off. If there is every an incident involving fuel, this is an area the feds seem to always investigate since almost all Cessna 100's have a fuel cap AD.

Bell206 was correct on this one, C-100084 appears to be a sub-part number. Ended up replacing the old cap with a new one part number C156003-101. On one side of the new cap was the C156003 number and on the other was C-100084.

Back