A Virginal Experience!

Cool!

How long before it appears on the sectional?
I assume with the next issuance, which, for KC is May.

but with today's electronic versions of everything...who knows if it show up sooner on ForeFlight, etc.

I assume with the next issuance, which, for KC is May.

but with today's electronic versions of everything...who knows if it show up sooner on ForeFlight, etc.

They built a brand-new airport in Williston, ND (KXWA) . Closed the old one (KISN) last October. The Billings sectional will not be updated until next month some time... We will see if the changes make it. o_O

They built a brand-new airport in Williston, ND (KXWA) . Closed the old one (KISN) last October. The Billings sectional will not be updated until next month some time... We will see if the changes make it. o_O
Yeah...I've been slow dancing with them since August or September.

That's not really unexpected. VFR sectionals are only updated about once every 6 months.

That's not really unexpected. VFR sectionals are only updated about once every 6 months.

Understood. I just wonder how many pilots have neglected to do their proper pre-flight planning and have attempted to land there since 10 Oct. There is/was no tower so I can certainly see that happening.

I thought you were going to give it all up and join the peace Corps?
I am...but it's still cool that it's close to being on the charts. At least interested buyers will be able to locate it now.

I am...but it's still cool that it's close to being on the charts. At least interested buyers will be able to locate it now.
True dat. Whether anyone will actually buy it and use it as a runway I question. One of my pals had a farm with a runway. The guys who bought it tore uptake runway first thing.

Back