Prebuy inspection

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
Prebuy inspection done advised buyer not to buy it, listed problems. Now he the buyer that hired me is going to pass on it but it is a death trap for some sucker that does not get a inspection before he buy's it. The problems the aircraft has would be better to buy the best one on the market cheaper than the end result and cost of repair of this one, if it does not kill you first. Now what, some poor sap is going to buy it sooner or later.

I think if a buyer chooses to forgo a pre-buy and take the seller at his/her word, they are either a complete idiot or at least complacent with their fate.

Trust no one. Anything too good to be true, usually is. I don't know what options you have to share these results, but if I was you I would at least make sure the owner knows about them and you can DOCUMENT that they know about them. If the owner is aware of the findings and how detrimental they are, at least they can't say they weren't warned. AND, if someone DOES buy the plane without a proper pre-buy and augers it into the ground at least you have documentation backing up your findings and your disclosure to the owner.

I mean you can only take it so far..can't save everyone.

The price is reduced, he bought it anyway.

The worst example I personally know of is a gentleman who bought a Comanche 250 for $50K and spent nearly that much on the first annual. Only way to avoid such a disaster is to have someone who knows the particular aircraft make and model do a pre-buy.

Prebuy inspection done advised buyer not to buy it, listed problems. Now he the buyer that hired me is going to pass on it but it is a death trap for some sucker that does not get a inspection before he buy's it. The problems the aircraft has would be better to buy the best one on the market cheaper than the end result and cost of repair of this one, if it does not kill you first. Now what, some poor sap is going to buy it sooner or later.

So? What's your point here?

You were hired to do a job. You did it, gave your assessment and let the potential buyer make his decision. That's the end of it.

As far as the aircraft in question, that's between the seller and anyone who may want to purchase it. You're out of the picture now unless one of these potential buyers employ your service.

Bottom line, there's lots of junk for sale in the GA world. Let the buyers sort that out.

Back