Who Has the Monkey?

I wore the monkey shirt to the infusion center. LOL. Why not?

a40551ec5dc336c372008be68c7f7107.jpg

A previous iteration of the Monkey stowed away in my Cherokee. Had I known it was present it would have departed the aircraft immediately and been rendered into many pieces.

Monkey is still in DFW, but hacked into a top-secret physics lab at UT-Arlington...

"No high-voltage prison can hold me!!"
(Notice that someone carelessly left the cage a little bit open at the bottom...)
DSC00850_small.jpeg

"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Monkey, I expect you to die!"
...in a test-chamber for high-pressure xenon and its associated sensors:DSC00849_small.jpeg

Escaped at last, Monkey found his way to the web of gas-handling pipework for feeding argon and xenon to the experiments... Reminded him of his "barrel-throwing" days back in the world of Donkey Kong:
DSC00852_small.jpeg

...and lastly, to a chamber that the local physicists call "the Mothership", where detection technologies are being tested for an experiment called "NEXT", whose purpose is to figure out whether neutrinos are their own anti-particle or not (and why the universe is made up of pretty much all matter and no anti-matter), by looking for a rare nuclear process called "neutrinoless double beta decay" in xenon. If Monkey becomes the first to discover it... Well, we're all in trouble. Run and hide, POA, run and hide!
DSC00853_small.jpeg

I'm sure none of the women were impressed with Mark's monkey.
Having had dinner with both Mark and Monkey when last in NC, I’m regretting that I left with Monkey.

Monkey is still in DFW, but hacked into a top-secret physics lab at UT-Arlington...

"No high-voltage prison can hold me!!"
(Notice that someone carelessly left the cage a little bit open at the bottom...)
View attachment 81798

"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Monkey, I expect you to die!"
...in a test-chamber for high-pressure xenon and its associated sensors:View attachment 81799

Escaped at last, Monkey found his way to the web of gas-handling pipework for feeding argon and xenon to the experiments... Reminded him of his "barrel-throwing" days back in the world of Donkey Kong:
View attachment 81800

...and lastly, to a chamber that the local physicists call "the Mothership", where detection technologies are being tested for an experiment called "NEXT", whose purpose is to figure out whether neutrinos are their own anti-particle or not (and why the universe is made up of pretty much all matter and no anti-matter), by looking for a rare nuclear process called "neutrinoless double beta decay" in xenon. If Monkey becomes the first to discover it... Well, we're all in trouble. Run and hide, POA, run and hide!
View attachment 81801

You're gonna have to get him a dosimeter

Okay, I realize in retrospect I should have been a little more specific...

Tuscaloosa, Atlanta, Florida, West Virginia, D.C., Delaware, Rough River, StateCollege, New England, Upstate NY, Toronto, Lansing, Madison, Oshkosh, Canada, and Alaska, or bust!
When you going to be at state college?? That’s a short jump for some good ice cream!

Look on u tube for Nina Conti.
There's a monkey...

Hiperbiper (who can't hook a video to here on my phone...:( )

By way of a quick update... Monkey is in Tuscaloosa, and has been around a few places...

Scoping out the digs for Game Day:
IMG_0082.jpg

Getting his hands on some Civil-War-era armaments (from the UA campus):
DSC00891.JPG

Checking out the museum (unfortunately closed on Sunday) at Tuskegee -- I may try to go back if I can figure out when they're open:
DSC00908.JPG

Finally, some o dat famous Southern BBQ I've heard so much about:
DSC00912.JPG

Airports so far:
F35, GYI, SLR, TKI, LLQ, TCL, CMD, 06A, 02A

Finally, some o dat famous Southern BBQ I've heard so much about:
View attachment 82521

Airports so far:
F35, GYI, SLR, TKI, LLQ, TCL, CMD, 06A, 02A

If you get a chance to get to DCU, grab a crew car and go to big Bob Gibson’s. Good stuff, and be sure to try the Alabama white bbq sauce.

Get me the Monkey. I will take it to Dan's In The Hangar shoot.
Monkey can meet a lot of..... er youtubers nevermind

More fun from Key West....

The "Mile Zero" road marker:
DSC01021_small.jpeg

Then, visiting the Hemingway House (which is full of cats). Here's the second-floor of the carriage house, where he used to go to be alone and write:
DSC01033_small.jpeg

Then, he mysteriously "fell" (jumped?) past the iron gate and into the room, where I couldn't reach! I thought maybe the cat was going to eat him, or carry him off...
DSC01032_small.jpeg
Fortunately, a fellow tourist who was a tall fellow with long arms and a book helped to retrieve him from beyond the gate.

Stopped by Sloppy Joe's for a beverage, except it had to be the non-alcoholic type, since I was going to be heading back to KEYW and flying out...
DSC01038_small.jpeg

We're currently in Marathon (KMTH). Heading north again tomorrow...

Ok, if two monkeys are flying away from each other in separate airplanes, each traveling at a speed of .6 of the speed of light...

Wooo.....

Ok, where to next?! Too early for lawbsta?

Ok, where to next?! Too early for lawbsta?

Next, to X01 (Everglades City), where we took a boat tour into Everglades National Park (from the Gulf side), the part called "Ten Thousand Islands".
Saw dolphins, ospreys, white pelicans, and even a frigate bird!
DSC01088_small.jpeg

So far in Florida, I've eaten snapper, conch chowder, stone crab, blue crab, raw oysters, fried oysters, and of course Key Lime Pie...
(Monkey hasn't eaten anything. Because he is plastic.)

Really not sure where headed next. Vaguely north, into the Carolinas, but I don't know exactly where.

P.S. v' = (u + v)/(1 + (u*v)/c^2) = (0.6c + 0.6c)/(1 + 0.6^2) = 0.88c

No trip to FL is gastronomically complete without Tony’s Clam Chowder (“World Famous”) in Cedar Key.
The Monkey really should meet Judy the Taxi Lady.

Next, to X01 (Everglades City), where we took a boat tour into Everglades National Park (from the Gulf side), the part called "Ten Thousand Islands".
Saw dolphins, ospreys, white pelicans, and even a frigate bird!
View attachment 82930

So far in Florida, I've eaten snapper, conch chowder, stone crab, blue crab, raw oysters, fried oysters, and of course Key Lime Pie...
(Monkey hasn't eaten anything. Because he is plastic.)

Really not sure where headed next. Vaguely north, into the Carolinas, but I don't know exactly where.

P.S. v' = (u + v)/(1 + (u*v)/c^2) = (0.6c + 0.6c)/(1 + 0.6^2) = 0.88c

kitty hawk for sure

No trip to FL is gastronomically complete without Tony’s Clam Chowder (“World Famous”) in Cedar Key.
The Monkey really should meet Judy the Taxi Lady.

I'd try to find some hogfish, although she may be too far north already. I've only had it while in the Keys.

Okay, I'll make this more fun by making it a "Guess Where?" game. I'll just say these are all "Places in the South"...

#1: "Why are there oyster shells embedded in the walls?"
DSC01170_small.jpeg

#2: "Turtles! I LOVE turtles! With a little garlic butter and some lemon..."
DSC01176_small.jpeg

#3: "POWDER!! Also... suck it, British!"
(Sorry, it's a dark photo... Monkey is sitting above the "Z" in the sign.)
DSC01201_small.jpeg

So... guesses?
I can give more hints if you can't get 'em right away...

Ok. Just realized that this is three different places.
#1 might still be Jekyll
#2 is definitely Jekyll
#3. St Augustine?

new jersey? it's new jersey, isn't it...…….

Back