Marijuana use on medical documentation

N

Nautilus

Hello, I am currently trying to get my 1st class medical and need to submit medical records for an unrelated condition. These records were through my school physician and it is standard at my college to screen for alcohol or drug dependency. One of the questions on this screening was if I had done marijuana in the past year, to which I answered yes (It was early college so I had tried some that year but did not like it) the survey also asked if I was still using to which I answered no. I am at a job that drug tests, have worked multiple jobs that drug test and have a squeaky clean record of clean drug tests and driving. Will this be an issue in the yes of the faa and if so how do I best combat it.

On the medical form, question 18.n asks yes or no to the following:

Substance dependence or failed
a drug test ever; or substance
abuse or use of illegal substance
in the last 2 years

Has it been more than 2 years since you used marijuana? If so, you answer no and there's no problem. If not, I suggest you wait until enough time has passed, or be prepared for lots of hassle and expense.

On the medical form, question 18.n asks yes or no to the following:

Substance dependence or failed
a drug test ever; or substance
abuse or use of illegal substance
in the last 2 years

Has it been more than 2 years since you used marijuana? If so, you answer no and there's no problem. If not, I suggest you wait until enough time has passed, or be prepared for lots of hassle and expense.

Should've specified in the question itself but it has been three years since that screening!

I should also be clear that the FAA WILL be able to see this answer from three years ago on my medical documentation I have to submit.

So you either have to provide evidence that you do not have substance use disorder, by a qualified non aviation person, or present evidence to that effect. I've done that in the past by testifying that no only has the airman asserted he has quit, he has three negative random urines over the past 3 months for cannabinoids. Or his regular physician (who is assumedly qualified and has seen him annually) makes the declaration. At this low level, that usually suffices.

Higher levels:
Clinical psychologist opines
Higher still:
forensic psychiatrist opines (and he does urines over time)
Highest still
HIMS Forensic psychiatrist opines, and he call up family members and friends in addition to doing the urines....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back