Does Garmin Pilot track aircraft inspections and checks?

Brad W

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
BLW2
Watching Josh (aviation101) on youtube, he was showing foreflight in his pre-cross country checks.... verifying that all the aircraft checks and inspections were current... vor check, pitot/static inspection, ELT check, etc....

As a renter I can imagine that very useful for tracking several different aircraft a person may be flying.....

Does garmin pilot have a similar feature?
I have so far not found it.....

Likely a manual line item entry in the checklist. If that was something that concerned me and if I used the checklists in Garmin Pilot, that is how I would do it...

Note the checklist item between "Power" and "Rotate" on this Mooney checklist:

Screenshot_20200219-191427_Pilot.jpg

Last edited:
I think he is using a different app. I believe it was called Co-Flight. You can look on any of his vids in info section.

I think for something like that to be useful for a shared aircraft you'd need to be sure everyone was using the same system. Myflightbook is free and tracks this stuff but if the person doing the mx isn't logging that it wouldn't show up.

it wasn't a checklist item.....

I believe it was called Co-Flight
that's probably it. Maybe I was just selectively hearing what I wanted to hear....foreflight....coflight.....

I understand that it wouldn't keep track of anything others have done....
Anyway, I could just write it down and keep it... I was just thinking it would be a nice tool to have right in garmin pilot to see my "last known" information anyway collected right where I might be doing my preflight planning. It may not be exactly up to date but at least I'd have an idea of what "might" be out before I head to the airport.

It’s easier to track those items in MyFlightBook per aircraft, honestly. But even better, a book in the aircraft that stays with it.

Back