Want To Buy Rockwell Commander Oxygen Module

I found this set up on the commander owners group forum with an “oxygen mount” search.

17167354-959F-4F60-9FAE-B132E3662844.jpeg

Gary!!!
Dude!!!
That’s it!!!
But how do you get one?
I will try commander owner group.
Hope it’s not just a blurb or advertisement.
Thanks

:D

I think they were bought out by AVOX. I would love to have this set up for my Oxygen tank.

I bet someone good with fiberglass/composites could whip one of those up. Cool setup!

I had one of those in my Commander... It was a bit of a pain to refill as the whole unit had to come out of the plane and be mostly disassembled to get to the fill valve. Mine had a leather cover to match the interior of the plane - the case itself was thin plastic. The leather case made it a bit harder to get out. The plexiglas cover would also routinely come off the hinge.

The bottle itself is steel and rounded on the bottom, so it's a bit heavy. I used oxymiser cannula &flowmeter with mine, you should be able to get a fitting to go into the valve assembly or do a bit of minor tubal surgery to connect to to one of the mask tubes/connectors.

I got annoyed enough on trips with the whole assembly/disassembly to fill the tank tha I also acquired a Skyox aluminum tank with a 2-port regulator and carried it in a cheap backpack. I'd sling one of the back seat belts through the backpack straps to keep it from moving around. It was easier to get in and out and for the mechanics to refill (no disassembly). I would pull O2 off the aluminum tank first since it was easier to refill, and when it went empty on a long trip, I'd suck off the Commander/Scott unit. There were some places in the east where you couldn't get O2 refilled, this was a solution.

I've still got the Skyox tank and have been thinking about selling, but am concerned about the cost of shipping as it has to go hazmat with UPS or FedEx.

I've still got the Skyox tank and have been thinking about selling, but am concerned about the cost of shipping as it has to go hazmat with UPS or FedEx.

The tank I just bought shipped with no problem and the cost was typical with shipping. The tank was empty.

let me know what you’re asking for the skybox tank. I have one but would like a second. Here at OXB it’s $25 to fill the bottle.

Back