Gettin' old sucks...

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
The good news is that I got off of jury duty...

The bad news is that I was diagnosed with a form of walking pneumonia a few weeks ago. Had a course of antibiotics, and will have a CAT scan tomorrow to see how things are progressing.

The bad news also is that I had to cancel my mountain flying course at Lake Tahoe which was scheduled for another two weeks from now. Grrr. I hope to reschedule in October.

The good news is that I've been flying (now that we have an engine again in the helicopter), but because of occasional coughing fits, I've flown only with a safety pilot in the left seat (so far, not needed!).

Anyway, I still hope to see lots of folks at Adam's BBQ in May! In fact, Adam, I suggest a new contest: a lavish prize to the pilot who lands closest to the approach end numbers of the active runway, with extra credit for stopping right on top of them. Whaddya think ;)

Bob, I can't tell how old you are it just tells me, July29. That wasn't last year was it? I know how you feel about this old stuff. I hold my breath each time I get my new medical. Getting old is not for sissys. Bob

Bob, I can't tell how old you are it just tells me, July29. That wasn't last year was it? I know how you feel about this old stuff. I hold my breath each time I get my new medical. Getting old is not for sissys. Bob

Last year? Not hardly (in the words of John Wayne)...

Let's just say, Bob, that they just sent me a medicare card which is effective Jul 1.

This too, I shall survive, though!

LOL Well Bob as always looking forward to it and if the R22 or 44 gets to the FLYBQ this year it will be the first time. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.:fcross:

LOL Well Bob as always looking forward to it and if the R22 or 44 gets to the FLYBQ this year it will be the first time. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.:fcross:

The R22 lives in South Africa now, Adam -- we sold it last December! I have the R44 reserved, and I'll fly that in pretty high winds and pretty low ceilings (the R22 didn't do so well in high winds -- not very much tail rotor authority).

You're right, getting old sucks. I came down with bad bronchitis early in March and had to postpone my previously scheduled bunion surgery until March 17th. Two weeks later my bronchitis was back worse than ever (104 temp). Finally clawing my way back to normal but my wife has now come down with my bronchitis.

Foot is still in the "boot" and I'm told it will be another three weeks or so before i can walk any distances.

Can't ride the Harley, can't golf and can't fly!! I'm getting bored!

When you terms like Special Issueance, you know it ain't going to be good. Bob :(

Bob,

Hope you are OK!!! Take care and hopefully you are feeling better?

whew, at least it's something you can recover from (the prelude had me worried)
Sorry to hear it, Bob.
not a smoker, are you?

Sorry to hear that, Bob. Feel better! Getting old really does suck, doesn't it? Wait a minute, who am I to say? :rofl:
Speaking from personal experience, are ya? Young buck? :D

Bob, I hope you're feeling better soon. That chaotic bird of yours will be around when you're well.

I was doing fine and then my family doc. said I should have one of those colonoscopies. When I came out from under the anesthetic I had a whole room full of doctors. They had my heart out of rhythm, and we couldn't get it back. So I have to take a couple of pills and when my Medical came due I had to take every test known to man. I have a current medical but it is a 3rd class good for 1 year at a time. I don't know how much longer I can fight the FFA, and their CYA mode. :(

Yes, having to start shaving and pick up girls sure does suck. Oh, you're talking amongst the older folk, are you? My bad. :goofy:

You rat bastard!! You better watch yourself you young whippersnapper!!!!

:D:D:D

If you think getting old sux you better cancel your cards before you die.

I don't know how true this is, but it reminds me of the FAA

Even if this isn't for "real" it is pretty amusing -- probably written by a screenwriter during the strike! But still funny.

Be sure and cancel your credit cards before you die. This is so priceless, and so, so easy to see happening, customer service being what it is today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lady died this past January, and Citibank billed her for February and March for their annual service charges on her credit card, and added late fees and interest on the monthly charge. The balance had been $0.00, now somewhere around $60.00. A family member placed a call to Citibank. Here is the exchange:

Family Member: 'I am calling to tell you she died in
January.'

Citibank: 'The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply.'

Family Member: 'Maybe, you should turn it over to collections.'

Citibank: 'Since it is two months past due, it already has been.'

Family Member: So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?'

Citibank: 'Either report her account to frauds division or report her to the credit bureau, maybe both!'

Family Member: 'Do you think God will be mad at her?' (I really liked this part!!!!)

Citibank: 'Excuse me?'

Family Member: 'Did you just get what I was telling you - the part about her being dead?'

Citibank: 'Sir, you'll ha ve to speak to my supervisor.' (Duh!)

Supervisor gets on the phone:

Family Member: 'I'm calling to tell you, she died in January.'

Citib ank : 'The account was never closed and late fees and charges still apply.' (This must be a phrase taught by the bank!)

Family Member: 'You mean you want to collect from her estate?'

Citibank: (Stammer) 'Are you her lawyer?'

Family Member: 'No, I'm her great nephew.' (Lawyer info given)

Citibank: 'Could you fax us a certificate of death?'

Family Member: 'Sure.' (Fax number is given )

After they get the fax:

Citibank: 'Our system just isn't setup for death. I don't know
what more I can do to help.'

Family Member: 'Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could
just keep billing her. I don't think she will care.'

Citibank: 'Well, the late fees and charges do still apply.'(What is wrong with these people?!?)

Family Member: 'Would you like her new billing address?'

Citibank: 'That might help.'

Family Member: ' Odessa Memorial Cemetery , Highway 129, Plot Number 69.'

Citibank: 'Sir, that's a cemetery!'

Family Member: 'What do you do with dead people on your planet???

(Priceless!!)

Back