JPI EDM-900 TACH Time

Chris@75

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Chris05
I'm reviewing the manuals for the JPI EDM-900, and I haven't found where it displays TACH Time even though the JPI website says it . Would someone with an EDM-900, enlighten me? Thanks!

Hold down the middle two buttons at the same time for a few seconds.

Hold down the middle two buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
Thank you! I'll give it a try, and just to confirm, that will show TACH time and not a HOBBS time? Thanks again.

How would it know Hobbs time?
This is from the current EDM-900 Pilot Guide and this reference to HOBBS is what is confusing. It doesn't say TACH time, just HOBBS.
upload_2020-2-16_8-54-7.png

Odd use of terms. My G3X shows engine time and total time. Engine time is tach time and total time is Hobbs and is tied to either RPM or oil pressure. What triggers yours?

Mine (930) shows tach and hobbs. Middle two buttons, hold til it switches.

Mine (930) shows tach and hobbs. Middle two buttons, hold til it switches.

Here's what the EDM-900 Pilot Guide says (again, no reference to TACH time):

"Holding both the LF and DIM buttons simultaneously will display the Hobbs times and Revisions or programmed limitations (by tapping the NEXT button)"

Apparently JPI presets 2400 as the average cruise rpm but it can be adjusted by:

"Hold NEXT and button 2 until you see ADJUST for two seconds. Tap PLUS or MINUS to adjust. Hold NEXT and button 2 to Save. Average cruise is based on a percentage of RPM redline. A one to one ratio for TACH TIME is achieved at this setting."

So I guess for the EDM-900. (see the screen shown in my earlier post), TACH Time = Engine HOBBS

Back