The testing center has accused me of cheating on my IR written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the culture of social media, "Look at me!", "Look at what I'm doing!". The constant search for "content" for their various outlets, and the constant need for attention. Just take a look at this thread, 135 post over 4 pages, and it will continue for quite some time.

The OP is getting exactly what he is after, which is attention, here and his social media. And everyone is playing into it. Don't think for one minute this will curtail the OP from doing something else ignorant, he's only encouraged by all the attention.

^^^ This is a wet blanket. Look at your posts. bah humbug, rinse and repeat.
I have been posting the same type of content here well before I had any social media.
I write jokes. That's what I do. I tell jokes. I guess I could sit in a corner, write them and then throw them away.

Then instead of ever laughing I could come here and post on very thread about why the poster before me is wrong and I am right but you have that market cornered.
*Getting off your lawn

This got longer than I thought it would.

That's what she said...
tenor.gif

:D

FAA isn’t going to care. They’re not allowed to use social media posts as evidence in anything.

What they will care about is the camera footage. Which is also all they ask of the testing contractor.

Basically you have a moron testing contractor who went way outside his swim lane and triggered another “we don’t have a choice but to investigate” waste of time for his customer. Who’s just going to review his camera footage and ask him if he’s an idiot.

Testing centers are a license to print money. If I had one I'd protect it zealously.

^^^ This is a wet blanket. Look at your posts. bah humbug, rinse and repeat.
I have been posting the same type of content here well before I had any social media.
I write jokes. That's what I do. I tell jokes. I guess I could sit in a corner, write them and then throw them away.

Then instead of ever laughing I could come here and post on very thread about why the poster before me is wrong and I am right but you have that market cornered.
*Getting off your lawn
Only half the story. The class clown doesn't tell jokes to himself, he tells it to an audience. The bigger the audience, the better.
And speaking of "Bah humbug" I'm seeing that in the, "I tell a joke (never mind that it could damage a business reputation) and the guy has the audacity to punish me," he types while smiling at all the new followers.

They did take my phone, keys, and provided me with 2 sheets of paper, 2 pencils, and a testing supplement.
There were 2 cameras in the room but one was clearly unplugged with cords just hanging down the wall not connected to anything.

It seemed fairly locked down from that perspective.

I also brought in an old school E6B.

Only half the story. The class clown doesn't tell jokes to himself, he tells it to an audience. The bigger the audience, the better.
And speaking of "Bah humbug" I'm seeing that in the, "I tell a joke (never mind that it could damage a business reputation) and the guy has the audacity to punish me," he types while smiling at all the new followers.

Kinda. when I posted I had no idea what it was for. PSI told me I was accused of cheating and I was confused and ****ed.

After that post I found out why and went "Oh yea, I can see that" I called the dude at the testing center and he seemed cool once I said " I apologize and offered to make a public apology for crossing the line"
He was quite nice after that.

I was only angry before I realized it was my own fault.

Kinda. when I posted I had no idea what it was for. PSI told me I was accused of cheating and I was confused and ****ed.

After that post I found out why and went "Oh yea, I can see that" I called the dude at the testing center and he seemed cool once I said " I apologize and offered to make a public apology for crossing the line"
He was quite nice after that.

I was only angry before I realized it was my own fault.

AND, that should be the end of it hopefully.

For a living?

I wish.

YouTube is making my hangar and plane payment at this point. There is financial potential there. I'm having fun with it. More fun than my chosen profession anyway.

I've been invited to speak at an aviation event in June. That's growth to me.

All the FAA test centers I have been to are incidental to the flight instruction business. The businesses are under far more scrutiny than just written testing operations. American Flyers certainly fits in this category.

IMO, you're painting with a broad brush.

Edited to add: within 150 miles of my location, there are 27 test centers, 23 of which are affiliated with some sort of aviation enterprise. 85% are not just stand alone test centers.

Good point. Perhaps aviation schools should NOT be allowed to be in the side business of written testing.

Plenty of places will happily do it more professionally with no worries about their “reputation” or any conflicts of interest that way. They wouldn’t even bother engaging with a social media post.

By the way, the FAA locations are NOT all PSI locations. The list you’re looking at that shows 85% flight schools is missing the PSI locations that give other tests but not FAA ones.

FAA testing isn’t their largest or most lucrative contracts. Tossing out all the poor dear flight schools who have such high stresses keeping up appearances, could be done tomorrow in the bat of an eye we without PSI breathing heavy.

But I’m more inclined to think there’s just one blowhard at American Flyers at one location who can’t handle social media jokes vs a majority of flight schools being concerned about them. Or even AF as a whole. Have met too many smart people who worked for them.

The guy who had the franchise was also a flight school though. Barely gave a crap about the franchise other than marketing fluff for his school.

If you want a nicer PSI experience overall, any location away from an airport is usually in a nice office park near better places to eat lunch. LOL. Full of accountants and real estate and tech people taking much harder tests.

Better equipment, better staff, more organized than the small ones aviation schools usually have crammed in a corner office of a cheaply remodeled hangar. Customers intolerant of test machines not being ready to go.

Just sayin. Taken a bunch of tests with PSI. Not just aviation tests. The airport locations are consistently the shoddiest of them all.

They’re focusing on their flight school business before their testing business. The off airport facilities need repeat customers far worse. It’s their core business.

Seriously people! How can anyone take his post as anything but a joke? If he we’re really cheating would he actually type “Hey, the proctor is coming, be cool”. Or would he simply just hide is phone. Not to mention he really doesn’t even ask a legitimate question.

This got longer than I thought it would.

Member 619 - middle aged guy - at least .
Maule in your handle, probably a taildragger pilot - good guy - at least benefit of the doubt.

Interesting -

1) I you are correct that we do not know Bryan's veracity - but we do know that he made a public post that at least implied he was cheating and now says it was a joke. The time stamp (if they cannot be spoofed) cleans this up. But note, when he posted it there was no indication that he was not in the midst of the exam. Only he and the center knew the time for the exam (based on the post) so any outsider would believe he was indeed cheating and the test center hadn't caught him.

[Aside - why would someone write a joke that requires looking at the timestamp to understand that it is a joke? I'd be concerned for his comedy career as much as his flying career.]

2) According to Bryan (see 1 above) he was told he cannot register for more tests until this is cleared up. Seems like a modest inconvenience considering he started this.

I don't see where the testing center has any liability. They were made aware by the applicant himself that he might be cheating and took actions that are probably required by their contract. Bryan advertised enough information to raise that suspicion. They would likely be at least in breach of their contract if they did not report the matter.

There is no statute criminalizing reporting of suspected violations of the law. In fact that would not be in society's interest. We want people to come forward when they suspect an illegal act. You may point to Bryan's statement saying that the center official knew it was only a joke, but see 1 above, we don't know when he is telling the truth (your assertion, not mine) personally I think he is being truthful here. Even if the center official's motives were malicious, unless he made an untrue statement he and the center are not liable. Example: You are a member of the military where adultery is still a criminal offense. You catch your wife cheating with another military member. You become angry and notify the chain of command. The adulterer has no cause of action against you so long as your report was truthful.
Maybe a better way of stating it would be, “If Bryan has proof...”

But let’s make your example applicable...your wife jokes about having an affair with another member of the military. You know it’s not true, but report an affair to teach her a lesson. Still no repercussions are appropriate?

Last edited:
I wish.

YouTube is making my hangar and plane payment at this point. There is financial potential there. I'm having fun with it. More fun than my chosen profession anyway.

I've been invited to speak at an aviation event in June. That's growth to me.

Maybe before you walk into the aviation event, post up a bomb threat and tag-em! That'll get a laugh or two!!

Man using some of you guys logic half my interactions with passengers would be an FAA investigation.

Pax "you look to young to be a pilot" (im 32 and get this surprising often)
Me "yeah I paid extra so their letting me sit up front" or any other number of semi snarky obviously false comment.

According to some If i did that on FB..
i made a public statement pax reported me for not being a pilot and apparently the faa has to investigate (really they have to?) and I'd deserve some sort of judgment.

Maybe im in the wrong but half of what i say is some sort of joke pun or obviously fake comment. When i took my ATP and type rating "do i give you the case of beer now or after the ride" when i took my written "open book right?"

When the FAA asi was in the CFI office and talking to someone about whiteout vs line through and initial. ASI "we get suspicious when we see a lot of whiteout" me "good thing i use the green color then"

According to half you guys i should be investigated for logbook falsification, trying to cheat on my written, trying to bribe my way through atp ride and not meeting the age requirements for 121 operations.

Instead i got similar jokes back, from the atp written lady and my FAA atp ride, and smiles from passengers and ASI.

Maybe before you walk into the aviation event, post up a bomb threat and tag-em! That'll get a laugh or two!!

Okay. But I'm saying it's your idea if this goes south.

Unlike some poor ninny at AF who’s been living under a rock, or couldn’t be bothered to click on his name and look at his FB posts... the event knows who they invited. :)

I just realized something Bryan-y.

AF probably really screwed with you because the second post down your page, you’re in the polo shirt of and flying with a better instructor from one of their competitors.

LOL.

They’ve probably lost significant business to those guys.

Nah... they wouldn’t do that and pretend it was about actual testing “safety” now would they? ;)

Hey when stirring the pot, that post here the other day asked if we were supposed to stir clockwise or counterclockwise.

I never saw a definitive answer... :) :) :)

Man using some of you guys logic half my interactions with passengers would be an FAA investigation.

Pax "you look to young to be a pilot" (im 32 and get this surprising often)
Me "yeah I paid extra so their letting me sit up front" or any other number of semi snarky obviously false comment.

According to some If i did that on FB..
i made a public statement pax reported me for not being a pilot and apparently the faa has to investigate (really they have to?) and I'd deserve some sort of judgment.

Maybe im in the wrong but half of what i say is some sort of joke pun or obviously fake comment. When i took my ATP and type rating "do i give you the case of beer now or after the ride" when i took my written "open book right?"

When the FAA asi was in the CFI office and talking to someone about whiteout vs line through and initial. ASI "we get suspicious when we see a lot of whiteout" me "good thing i use the green color then"

According to half you guys i should be investigated for logbook falsification, trying to cheat on my written, trying to bribe my way through atp ride and not meeting the age requirements for 121 operations.

Instead i got similar jokes back, from the atp written lady and my FAA atp ride, and smiles from passengers and ASI.

In-person humor has the benefit of facial expression and vocal expression that text-based humor lacks.

In-person humor has the benefit of facial expression and vocal expression that text-based humor lacks.

Even more reason for any idiot handling social media chores to not take anything too seriously.

Might miss humor in the sea of cat memes and a hundred posts like this one above and below their useless business crap cluttering the place up!

52865063ebbe9d3355e5dbb7927095bb.jpg

6P: you know you were joking, I know you were joking, your FB and POA friends know you were joking, but the joke died outside that envelope. Whether the testing center is being vindictive or clueless, they have a duty to run a clean operation. Apparently an attitude of “kill them all, let FAA sort it out” is a good possibility to expect.

Live and learn.

Unfortunately, this will only lead to yet another event. The OP craves the attention.
If you don’t like his post you can always turn him off, but then what would you have to complain about.

And he gets my attention. He is funny and by all accounts a good person and Father.

You also get my attention but not for the same reasons

No one really knows, for sure. We have a solid admission and an understandable denial.

That's like admitting to the cordial police officer who pulled you over that you drove 65 in a 50 or rolled through a stop sign. He doesn't have to send a printout of his video or a record from his radar equipment to the court. You admitted right there that you violated the law and he'll mark that down on his record of the contact. If it comes before a judge, that admission will be weighed against your subsequent denials.

It's PSIs policies Brian admitted to violating. By doing so in public, he made it look like they are not maintaining the integrity of the testing process. When you go into their testing center you agree to abide by their 'no electronics' policy. It'll be up to someone higher up at PSI to sort out that he didn't in fact cheat and reverse the sanction.

I have taken plenty of standardized tests, FAA and professional. I don't get how that post is supposed to even be funny.

YouTube is making my hangar and plane payment at this point.

The Grumman or the Cirrus? If the Cirrus, I'm going to start you tubing right now.

My first video, I'm going with all giant cap letters across the splash screen: "SHE WORE A STRING BIKINI THAT WOULDN'T STAY TIED"

The Grumman or the Cirrus? If the Cirrus, I'm going to start you tubing right now.

My first video, I'm going with all giant cap letters across the splash screen: "SHE WORE A STRING BIKINI THAT WOULDN'T STAY TIED"

Hahahaha!!! Grumman and it's on a HELOC so the payment is very small.

Maybe a better way of stating it would be, “If Bryan has proof...”

But let’s make your example applicable...your wife jokes about having an affair with another member of the military. You know it’s not true, but report an affair to teach her a lesson. Still no repercussions are appropriate?

1) Then the report is malicious and is a false report with attendant consequences.
2) Marriage counseling.
3) And I think there is a difference between two pilots in the lobby "quiet here comes the proctor" and a social media post (ever notice that the initials are a niche personal proclivity?) Now that it has been broadcast far and wide on the "clacks" [I just discovered Discworld] I don't think there is any choice but to address the matter.

I'm thinking we've beaten this one to death. If you want the last word, go for it.

For those posting about the OP just wanting attention, can’t the same be said for those commenting, and now me. It’s a vicious cycle. Anyway, I appreciate “Y”’s humor because it’s quick with an appropriate amount of intelligence.

Not that this matters or anyone cares, I get all sides to this little kerfuffle and in the end, they talked and everything is ok. i think that means they’re normal, sorry “y”.

now, can we please go back to POA’s favorite topic, bashing california?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back