The testing center has accused me of cheating on my IR written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any issue with them returning fire. A phone call or some such other contact would have been great.
"Not cool Bryan, can you please untag us?" or even "That was too far you are not welcome here any more"

I only take issue with being formally being labeled a cheater and being barred for taking FAA exams.
I don't even mind the trip I am going to take to the FSDO. They know I didn't cheat.

Either way... It is what it is.

And if it is anti-authority or some other harmful attitude to state that I am going to continue making jokes well I don't agree with that but if I am wrong.. I dunno. I don't think I am hazardous (and I paused and gave that a lot of thought)

And for the record when I made the initial post I didn't know it was related to my joke post.
Someone asked why I was surprised. At that point I was dumbfounded.
I now contain zero surprise at all.

I am not a cheater though.

I am not a cheater though.
But you claim you said you were. How is one who doesn't know you to know the difference between you and anyone else who overshares on social media and why would you expect preferential treatment ("a phone call...") over anyone else the testing center suspects of cheating? Or do you think the testing center should chat up everyone they suspect of cheating?

Nauga,
who is still not sure any of this really happened

How is one who doesn't know you to know the difference between you and anyone else who overshares on social media

commonsense.jpg

The real question here is why are you waiting this late to take your written! I got that crap outta the way before I began my instrument training.

I can't believe an intelligent person looked at that post and thought there was genuine cheating.

More likely I'd say is someone at the testing center thought they would get in trouble if they didn't report it and someone else did. Whether or not that's true is something you'd have to ask someone who knows about how testing center rules work. I know I've talked to a guy running one who seemed to think he had to have every i dotted and t crossed or he'd have his certification yanked. If it was someone who had no stake in any of this who did I just can't fathom why. Who would believe something like that was anything but a joke?

Either way, good luck hope it gets sorted out quickly. At least you'll have some great new content for the youtube channel.

Most of the FAA is really good people with a really crappy job. As Bryan found out last time they were decent to work with but needed to do their job so they couldn’t be accused of not investigating. The FAA is generally pretty good about investigating accusations. They also usually investigate the person/business reporting something as they often find they have other motives than just reporting an issue. I know of a maintenance shop the reported a repair they thought another shop had done as not being legal. Turned out the FAA cleared the repair and shop, but found the reporting station was missing some if it’s required documentation when they investigated the reporting ship as a result of the report.

Cute meme but it doesn't really address my question.

Nauga,
who had low expectations

Reactions: Ted
@SixPapaCharlie, if you want to make this easy, just walk into the FSDO and be humble.

Tell them the FSDO this:
I understand that someone took the joke too seriously, and the FAA has to investigate the report.
If they don't investigate reports bad things could happen like an airliner (or 2) crashing.

This will either set you up for a more pleasant process. or get you tarred and feathered.

@SixPapaCharlie, if you want to make this easy, just walk into the FSDO and be humble.

Tell them the FSDO this:
I understand that someone took the joke too seriously, and the FAA has to investigate the report.
If they don't investigate reports bad things could happen like an airliner (or 2) crashing.

This will either set you up for a more pleasant process. or get you tarred and feathered.

I am fine with the FSDO. I call them frequently and have a good rapport with them.
Being tarred and feathered would suck

The real question here is why are you waiting this late to take your written! I got that crap outta the way before I began my instrument training.

Dude this was my 2nd go round.
I passed it in 2017 but stupidly let it expire.

Morons ruin everything.

If 1 in 20 people who read your FB stuff are morons, well... you do the math.

Apparently one of them works at the school.

Say hi to the ASI for us.

Might be fun/informative after the FSDO visit to find out exactly who the school moron is. If not the boss, the boss might be interested in their stupidity.

And it’s aviation. You’ll probably run into the moron again. Small world. At least you’ll be able to tell stories about their antics with other old timers someday over beers.

I know of at least three morons in local aviation circles to avoid as much as possible. Stupidity and drama follow them around like a wet blanket.

Morons ruin everything.

If 1 in 20 people who read your FB stuff are morons, well... you do the math.
Apparently one of them works at the school.
Say hi to the ASI for us.
Might be fun/informative after the FSDO visit to find out exactly who the school moron is. If not the boss, the boss might be interested in their stupidity.
And it’s aviation. You’ll probably run into the moron again. Small world. At least you’ll be able to tell stories about their antics with other old timers someday over beers.
I know of at least three morons in local aviation circles to avoid as much as possible. Stupidity and drama follow them around like a wet blanket.

I know who it was. I spoke to him directly. He doesn't think I cheated.
He was mad I tagged his location. This was his way of punishing me.

Unfortunately, in our modern, hyper-sensitive, politically correct, socially responsible society, joking about cheating in the immediate time proximity of actually taking a test is just as serious as hijacking jokes while standing in line to pay homage to the TSA. Just not a good idea, IMHO.

Bryan, I think your material is ****ing hilarious. Even my non-pilot wife laughs at your antics. Keep it up as this world needs your humor and for the rest of us to give a big finger to those who can’t pry that stick out of their asses.

Sometimes, when you poke a bear, even one you know by name, he grabs your dog and picks it apart like a Costco roast chicken.

Saw that in a dream last week, I kid you not.

I know who it was. I spoke to him directly. He doesn't think I cheated.
He was mad I tagged his location. This was his way of punishing me.

Well technically that could backfire on him. We all know which school/test center is was from the map...

X marks the spot of the Richard-head. :)

I wouldn’t be sending him any students after knowing this unless there’s no other test centers around.

Just sayin’.

“The owner of that place did X to that funny guy I showed you on the Internet. You can take your test there if you like, but I wouldn’t give him any money...”

Like I said. Small world. He deserves what he gets from this.

I spend half my life on the internet and still don't know what "tagging someones location" means. And especially why this would upset someone?

Maybe its better I don't... please, I know you want to, but don't tell me! I'd probably end up as Bryan's cell mate.

I’m surprised they don’t take your phone. IIRC, they took mine (no electronics...period), so unless someone else is jn the room, no way to cheat.

Tom

I’m surprised they don’t take your phone. IIRC, they took mine (no electronics...period), so unless someone else is jn the room, no way to cheat.

They do. That’s what makes the report moronic.

As someone said, probably reviewing the video making sure Bryan-y didn’t happen to have another device on him...

That was capable of posting things to FB...

Two hours before he was in the room.

In other words, the owner is an utter retard who has no idea how any of this tech works.

And runs a testing business that requires some technical knowledge.

Apparently not much.

I don’t think you guys are looking at this from the test centers point of view. Someone cheating at their center makes them look bad. They can’t ignore it. Bryan’s post made it look like they are incompetent. They have every right to be upset about this. It’s not always funny when your business is the butt of the joke. They don’t only have to worry about public perception but FAA as well.

I don’t think you guys are looking at this from the test centers point of view. Someone cheating at their center makes them look bad. They can’t ignore it. Bryan’s post made it look like they are incompetent. They have every right to be upset about this.

If they can’t read a time stamp on a post, they’re incompetent alright. They didn’t save themselves, they highlighted it. LOL. Idiots.

If they can’t read a time stamp on a post, they’re incompetent alright. They didn’t save themselves, they highlighted it. LOL. Idiots.
People reading Bryan’s post don’t know he wasn’t taking the test at the time. The fact that he tagged them makes them look bad.

They do not have tools to prove the time stamps are correct. They also have no way to explain to everyone else that they did verify he didn’t cheat. The only common sense way to make this go away is to not have done it. It’s the digital equivalent of vandalism. “All they have to do is repaint”. That doesn’t change the fact that they had to take the time and expense to do it, and people saw the message damaging their reputation in the meantime. Had Bryan not drug an innocent bystander into his joke, I’m sure nothing would have come of it.

Last edited:
Thanks.

I'll change.

ignore him. I like you just the way you are. You are not the problem. A lot of people are humorless sob’s. I find them boring and try to avoid them as they bring little to the joy of living. I enjoy pointing out this fact to them as I walk away. I have never met you but I would buy you a beer if I had the chance as You add a little bit to my joy of living. I would be sad if you conformed. Work through this. It will be fine.

ignore him. I like you just the way you are. You are not the problem. A lot of people are humorless sob’s. I find them boring and try to avoid them as they bring little to the joy of living. I enjoy pointing out this fact to them as I walk away. You add a little bit to my joy of living. I would be sad if you conformed. Work through this. It will be fine.
I think it’s funny up until it causes an innocent person grief or makes them look bad. I don’t think It funny to make an innocent person suffer for my laugh.

They do. That’s what makes the report moronic.

As someone said, probably reviewing the video making sure Bryan-y didn’t happen to have another device on him...

That was capable of posting things to FB...

Two hours before he was in the room.

In other words, the owner is an utter retard who has no idea how any of this tech works.

And runs a testing business that requires some technical knowledge.

Apparently not much.

Save some name calling for Brian, because it was a dumb thing to do (maybe in retrospect). And he has already stated he is not going to stop?
Personally, I would apologize, admit it was a bad joke at the wrong time and move on.

Tom

I think it’s funny up until it causes an innocent person grief or makes them look bad. I don’t think It funny to make an innocent person suffer for my laugh.
My dog an I Don’t care what you think. So stop quoting me. Have a nice day

My dog an I Don’t care what you think. Have a nice day
You probably would if I were making your business look bad and bringing the faa down on you with a silly joke.

Which leads me to another conclusion. What Bryan did here is essentially what someone else did to him the first time. He opened someone else up for potential review by the FAA, all for a joke. I love your stuff man, but you crossed the line here IMO.

I can see their side. Probably shouldn't have tagged them. Bryan really was asking for it. When you tag a business on Facebook, it gets seen by everyone who follows them, and lives on their page. They have to do something.

On the other side, the joke really doesn't land without tagging the testing center. Ideally it could have been handled with a simple "please delete this". Better yet join in the joke while making it clear that it was, in fact, a joke. I still think it was hilarious.

I don't think anyone who's taken a faa written test wouldn't get the joke. They wouldn't even let me use my own pencil, and my calculator was disallowed because it had a 2 line display. I won't be surprised if they make you take it naked in the near future. Meanwhile there's a camera in the room, so even if you snuck a phone in like Christopher Walken with Butch's watch, you'd still get caught.

Save some name calling for Brian, because it was a dumb thing to do (maybe in retrospect). And he has already stated he is not going to stop?
Personally, I would apologize, admit it was a bad joke at the wrong time and move on.

Tom
Is calling Bryan “Brian” technically name-calling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back