The testing center has accused me of cheating on my IR written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the same reason that all of us that post in the Chem Trail Spraying thread should not be investigated...common sense.

Shawn: here’s my point...

we have a person posting a potentially real test question on the Internet asking for an answer. It’s actually happening, and in print. The federal government is really going to need some valid reasons as to why this shouldn’t be investigated further.

They’re going to have to check the time stamp of the post with the entrance/exit time in the test center.

They’re going to need to look at camera footage to see if there’s anyway he snuck a smart phone into the testing room. They’re going to need to figure out what type of watch he was wearing, if he was allowed to have one in the room.

In this type of scenario, he’s guilty and will have to prove his innocence. Being a smartass is fine. I sure do my share. But there are times to dial it back.

Life is hard enough as it is already. When you’re stupid, you make it harder for yourself.

So some food for thought.

The flight school reported me.
This means they saw the post.
This means they know i posted it at 8:30 AM
This means they know my test was at 10:30 AM
This means they know I did not cheat.
This means they knowingly files a false claim against me to a federal agency.

Shawn: here’s my point...

Understood, but here is my point. We are now in a place where everyone has to walk on eggshells and censor ourselves to the lowest common denominator of stupidity in society coupled with government employees that are no longer allowed to apply common sense to a complaint. It is a sad place to have to exist IMO.

While I agree that freedom of speech does not mean freedom of consequences from said speech, we are on a slippery slope if every sacrcasitc remark and joke is now subject to government intervention due to hyper sensitivity vs looking at it and seeing in context there is nothing there more than a bad joke.

Is guilty until proven innocent really where you want to exist?

Jesus people nowdays. That FB comment is my type of humor just deadpan obviously fake stuff how anyone could take it seriously I don't know. When I had an FAA mx guy ask for my license/medical when they were walking around the plane I made the obvious, printed it this morning/fresh out of the cereal box comment. It would be ridiculous to investigate for fraud. I mean not even a tortured reading of the comment could even lead anyone to suspect cheating on the test.

Understood, but here is my point. We are now in a place where everyone has to walk on eggshells and censor ourselves to the lowest common denominator of stupidity in society coupled with government employees that are no longer allowed to apply common sense to a complaint. It is a sad place to have to exist IMO.

While I agree that freedom of speech does not mean freedom of consequences from said speech, we are on a slippery slope if every sacrcasitc remark and joke is now subject to government intervention due to hyper sensitivity vs looking at it and seeing in context there is nothing there more than a bad joke.

I’m with you on the sentiment. I really am. It’s simply that this one walked the line far too closely on sarcastic remark and actual, bonafide cheating.

For his sake, I hope the FSDO investigator is in a good mood that day, and that time stamps bail him out.

Maybe they saw the post while surfing the web during your test.

“Timestamps? We don’t need no stinking timestamps!”

Be sure to have all this info and you’ll be in the clear. Why do you put the burden of investigation on the testing center, tho?

Go on the offense and file a small claims defamation case...that will get their attention to sort it all out.

You could have gone back in time...I saw this recently in the Endgame movie....
But seriously, you expect them to investigate using timestamps, I think you have an inflated opinion of the intelligence of the average person.

Tom

Your prank certainly grabbed the attention of the correct people. I’m not sure what the purpose of your social media post was intended to do. What did you expect to happen? If you also posted that an ISIS fighter was shooting the place up would you also be surprised if the Police showed up to INVESTIGATE?

Free Speech has limitations. You are responsible for what you say/communicate. I’m quite surprised of the responses I am reading here such as the idea of litigating against the reporting person. You implied that you were cheating on a standardized exam that has nexus to the award of a FAA privilege. I hope the Feds don’t go stupid on you and start picking through your entire flight training. I hope PSI, a non-government entity, doesn’t ban you from taking their tests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your prank certainly grabbed the attention of the correct people. I’m not sure what the purpose of your social media post was intended to do. What did you expect to happen? If you also posted that an ISIS fighter was shooting the place up would you also be surprised if the Police showed up to INVESTIGATE?

Free Speech has limitations. You are responsible for what you say/communicate. I’m quite surprised of the responses I am reading here such as the idea of litigating against the reporting person. You implied that you were cheating on a standardized exam that has nexus to the award of a FAA privilege. I hope the Feds don’t go stupid on you and start picking through your entire flight training. I hope PSI, a non-government entity, doesn’t ban you from taking their tests.

Yeah, I enjoy your humor but I agree with this. You put them in a position where they had no choice. Key word there is “you”. They can’t ignore something like this.

addendum. I don’t find this one funny because it forces people to waste their time and makes their job harder. People that already delay our lives.

Last edited:
But they can not also default to guilty until proven innocent which seems to be be the course of action taken.
Seems to me he is not denying he did it. He posted the proof himself.

This reminds me of a joke I did in the Army.

First real "establish a defensive position" exercise, we each dug either a single, or two man foxhole. Full size, 5 X 3 X 6 deep.

After inspection and critique, we refilled them, and filed to an open area, where we organized in our normal formation. After a while, most of the sergeants joined us, and MY sergeant walked up to me, and asked who had placed a cross made from sticks at the end of my and my partner's two man foxhole. My partner was standing next to me, so was included in the question.

"I did, I thought it made a neat combination".

"Well, the only problem is, if someone sees that, and reports it, a forensic team will come out and recover the body someone hid out here. That is not a suitable sort of joke, don't do it again".

The whole company was witness to this exchange, and learned from it.

There were no repercussions to this, but had there been a second offence, hard to predict what would have happened.

There are some really funny things you can do, but for some, the repercussions may be more than you are willing to accept. Someone else decides if the repercussions are proper, not the joker. Part of the learning experience of growing up.

But they can not also default to guilty until proven innocent which seems to be be the course of action taken.

They haven’t said he was guilty. Simply suspended his privilege to take more exams until this one is completely investigated. Seems common sense to me.

Tell us why a private firm cannot play by their own set of rules? They can do whatever they want. This isn’t a criminal matter.

Because they are accusing him of something he did not do, denying a service he paid for then reported him to a government agency for investigation...over a social media post that was posted when he was not even at the establishment.

Inquiring is one thing...making accusations with actual consequences with no proof other than an online attempt at humor defies logic and common sense.

Because they are accusing him of something he did not do, denying a service he paid for then reported him to a government agency for investigation...over a social media post that was posted when he was not even at the establishment.

Inquiring is one thing...making accusations with actual consequences with no proof other than an online attempt at humor defies logic and common sense.

The investigation will determine if he was at the site or not.

Hmm. I don't think this message was sensible given the current climate.

Have a read of this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter_Joke_Trial

2010, guy thought twitter messages were cool AND he kind of assumed PRIVATE enough. Sent message intended for gf ONLY and ended up losing his trainee accountant job and for years all prospects of becoming a CPA.

Took 30+ months for legal stuff to work through before he was finally found NOT GUILTY. I think he got pro bono legal help.

Finally, stunts like that would seem to at least put you at risk of significant legal expense. The FAA for example probably don't give a hoot how much they spend on lawyers.

Good luck all :)

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-15_1-43-7.png
    upload_2020-2-15_1-43-7.png
    299 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
The investigation will determine if he was at the site or not.

...while Facebook has already apparently determined that...that is my point...someone makes an accusation unable to look at context, timing and the facts at hand and jumps the gun with a formal complaint to the FSDO which they now need to waste time and resources on.

I don't blame Bryan one bit...I blame your sentiment that there needs to an investigation due to some dumb arse that takes a Facebook humor posts as statement of fact.

If this was just a post on your Facebook or a pilot group it would be one thing to have someone so petty, but to have tagged the testing center directly questions their operation. Your results probably aren’t in question but I have no doubt they will ban you from testing there for your actions.

I'm sorry - but if I was at FSDO, you'd really need to explain this to me, and further explain why we should not invalidate your exam.
For the same reason that all of us that post in the Chem Trail Spraying thread should not be investigated...common sense.

Anyone with any common sense could see it is a joke. Having said that, if the testing center was tagged as stated, then they looked at the post and probalby were required to do it. They had to do it as a formality. They were probably protecting themselves as a testing center.

Yeah he needs to throttle back and cut this crap. I really hope he isn’t trying to go pro either. If an airline firm finds this sort of nonsense they’ll boot him off the list ASAP.
Lay low man! Delete your Facespace account. Social Media doesn’t sit well with certain types of personalities. Gets them into gray areas. I’ve used it for years to formulate cases against people at my former work assignment. Delete your account and move on. No one cares what you had for lunch nor the status of your flight training. Tell your mom, dad, girlfriend, wife, cat, dog whoever in person. That has more meaning psychologically to your peers and yourself.

Once I pasted a note on a cop car. It was a long time ago.....something about a fake parking ticket. I thought it was hilarious. The cop didn't think it was funny at all.

Did you happen to post somewhere that you will pay cash for someone to take your exam for you?

This why I don't have a FB account. Amazingly, Neither does my Daughter.
Surprisingly, my Wife gave me her account info. So when I want to talk trash, I do it with her account.

Damn it @SixPapaCharlie... I'd at least have to give you a long stern stare if you were in my district! Your story made it up here during Back to the FSDO Part 1. :D

It’ll have to just work it’s way through the system I would think.

Imagine if it were not officially pursued and a future accident happened as a result. With 170 passengers in back. Even if it was a joke at the time.

Gotta eliminate legal liability in our litigious country. And be ultra safe cuz that’s our era.

Sorry to hear man. You were born too late.

FAA has no humor or soul...nor do they care about doing the right thing in my opinion, but that’s my personal experience as of late. Hope it works out...doubt they will care about time stamps but will about judgement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back