Sky Acres (44N) Restaurant?

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
I think there was a change of ownership of the on field restaurant and perhaps even the field and that they were gutting and redoing it. Does anyone know if the restaurant at Sky Acres is open?

Want to go there tomorrow morning? I am meeting another member for a flight and we could stop by. Maybe not long enough for a meal, but long enough to stop. We are both young and time (both actual time and logging hours) is more important than breakfast.

Want to go there tomorrow morning? I am meeting another member for a flight and we could stop by. Maybe not long enough for a meal, but long enough to stop. We are both young and time (both actual time and logging hours) is more important than breakfast.

That would be fun, but my brother is visiting this weekend. Maybe another time.

I went to the Sky Acres restaurant for breakfast today for the first time. My previous trip had been for lunch. It was about 80-90% full from 10:30-11:00 while I was there, but no waiting line. The food was good. Bacon strips were the thick but still crispy. French toast was made from thick slices of bread (not Texas toast thick, though) and had good egg flavor.

The breakfast menu was not as ambitious as the lunch menu, though. Similar to items that can be ordered at most airport cafes. Omelets, eggs, pancakes, french toast, Belgian waffles, biscuits and gravy, corn beef hash, etc.

I miss the departed Culinary Creations from Orange County NY airport.

The owner of culinary creations opened a new place in town. 10 min Uber ride. It’s just as good!

The owner of culinary creations opened a new place in town. 10 min Uber ride. It’s just as good!

Thanks for the heeds-up. Under what name? I'm not seeing a Culinary Creations near KMGJ or in Montgomery NY.

I learned to fly out of 44N in 1988 and the restaurant was always a treat. So glad to hear it is still operating.

Does anyone know if the restaurant at Sky Acres is open? Was hoping to go there for lunch this week.

ASH I rent with East Coast. Looking at clubs now. If I was closer to CON I would have joined Henniker Flying Club but it's kind of a hike from Milford.

I agree, that would be far. Have you looked into the Londonderry Flying Club? I was part of that for a very long time. They have a good 172, but its in desperate need of an avionics upgrade. But, it is cheap. Last I heard they were full, but I can find out if they have any openings.

I agree, that would be far. Have you looked into the Londonderry Flying Club? I was part of that for a very long time. They have a good 172, but its in desperate need of an avionics upgrade. But, it is cheap. Last I heard they were full, but I can find out if they have any openings.

Just met with them on Saturday they have their next meeting in 2 weeks so hope to hear something after that. Appreciate the offer.

Just met with them on Saturday they have their next meeting in 2 weeks so hope to hear something after that. Appreciate the offer.

Excellent, Chris is a great guy, if a little too frugal with things sometimes.

I took my private pilot checkride in 17U, way back in 1998.

Back