Avionics Install Shop Near Winnipeg (CYWG)

George182

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
George182
Hello everyone,

I am looking for recommendations for an avionics install shop in the North Dakota or northern Minnesota area. The plane is a 1972 Cessna 182P based in Winnipeg (CYWG).

We are looking to install an sky beacon ADS-B out and a Garmin G5 attitude indicator.

Any advice on quality shops we be very helpful.

Thanks
George

The shops at Brainerd and St Cloud are very good a bit less than the shops under the MSP bravo. Had our gtx345 done at StCloud. Another person had their 345 installed there and our on field 414 does all his work there. A good friend just had his 172 equipped with dual g5, gnx375, new radio and intercom at Brainerd and it wasn't a penny over the quoted price. Delivery was delayed a few weeks due to cold and IFR where they didnt want to start it or have him fly it to test it. So he was very happy overall.

Thanks for the input. I’ll give the shop at Brainerd a call.

I have a few quotes out for local shops but prices and timelines are not good. It’s seems even with the exchange rate it might be cheaper to get it done south of the border. Also the shops in the states do a lot more of these types of installs so potential problems should be reduced.

Re:Brainerd and other Minnesota shops. I would expect at least 4 months out as they are all busy. It's not just the ADSB. So many planes are getting G5's and the new 175/355/375 navigators too.

Also, there is a sales tax exemption for avionics in Minnesota for residents so you might not get that but hopefully your quote is still good.

Back