Miserable weather, might as well have a boat

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
The weather has been so miserable that I have only one hour in the last couple of months. We are expecting 3 inches of rain this week and the only good day in the next ten is Valentines Day. I don't think I'll fly that day either. I doubt the boaters are out but if I had one I could use it in my back yard.

Yeah, it wouldn't be any fun in a boat, either.

It was nice here (ATL) yesterday, how about in HSV?

Yeah yeah yeah. It's this little thing that happens this time of year called winter. Don't lie the rain? Try snow. Want a sunny day? It'll be in the teens if not worse. It's been so bad here I went up in gale force winds the other day. Had VFR conditions, had to. That was a tough flight, too.

If the weather is not good for flying, then a boat will not fare any better.

Been raining so much here, I saw a dove with an olive branch in its beak fly by...

I work at Lowe's (PT, I'm retired). I'm trying to convince them there's a killing to be made in gopher wood....

It ain't the end though, the animals haven't started lining up two by two...

I am so tired of the rain!

I just joined a flying club on a nice grass strip in Knoxville... But, we're storing our planes on another nearby 'drome with a paved runway...

Good news is I'll be an official member of the club tomorrow night... And, I'll line up an instructor... And schedule some dual and get all the rust knocked off...

IF

IT

STOPS

RAINING!

We've had pretty miserable weather. Today was finally a nice day, and everybody and his brother was out clogging up the pattern.
I got my 1.6 today. Got in a few loops and rolls and a landing at rural runway that doesn't get all the touch-n-go traffic.

I like to go up on days when its 1,800' overcast in occasional sh

We bought our hot air balloon around Thanksgiving and haven’t flown it once yet. Too cold (I don’t have heaters for the tanks yet), too windy (that’s the big one), ground wet from previous rain/snow...

A few good days have existed and then the instructor wasn’t available.

Spring will be more rain most likely... it’ll be summer before we actually use the thing I bet.

We’ve had over 30” of rain so far this year. I’m just under 30 hours this year. Still waiting for the first calm CAVU day

Actually, thinking about your weather you may need a boat before too long. You've had several fold more rain this year than normal, your ground is soaked and it's still raining. All really good prerequisites for a flood.

Rain would be better than what we're looking at. Low tomorrow night of -11°, high Thursday of 0°, Thursday night -12°. I hate winter in Iowa.

Back