entering a plan for local area in Garmin Pilot

Brad W

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
BLW2
so how is it done?
Seems it wont let me put the same airport in as both the departure and destination.

I'm really only interested in doing it for purposes of learning the software during local area training flights

Mine does, ver 9.7.4, try putting in a local fix in the middle, like KTIW SCENN KTIW

i thought about that...but it then will navigate me to that fix.
But I suppose there must be a way to just after takeoff sequence past SCENN to the following fix.....

Use the FAF for the opposite runway approach has your middle fix. Personally I would venture out of the immediate area to more isolated airspace if you’re going to be having your head down a lot.

What kind of plan are you wanting to do? Just taking off and doing some air work? If so then yeah you will have to put in a fix somewhere close to where you are doing the air work. Or once you're already in the air put in your current location and then direct to your airport. Or put in a series of fixes along a route you want to fly that circle back around to your departure point.

Sounds like you want to enter a plan but u don’t really have a plan, so to speak. Not really sure what you want to accomplish. What if you only put the airport in once? Then u can just ‘direct to’ it when you’re done doing whatever you’re doing. Another option would be to create a user waypoint (ie the practice area) and go airport -> UWP -> airport. I dunno.

all good solutions

Not really sure what you want to accomplish
yeah, me neither... :)
Mostly I was trying to enter a plan to learn the software, checking W&B and getting a briefing while not having a "route" (either just pattern work or similar). Not that I would necessarily want to file a flight plan formally for that type of thing, but what if I did want to do it?

all good solutions

yeah, me neither... :)
Mostly I was trying to enter a plan to learn the software, checking W&B and getting a briefing while not having a "route" (either just pattern work or similar). Not that I would necessarily want to file a flight plan formally for that type of thing, but what if I did want to do it?

you can still enter one airport in, then go to home then 'wx text' and get all your metars, notams, etc for that specific airport. also by punching in one airport you should get your extended rwy centerlines, if that's something you want. you can also check w&b without putting any airport in. just start pushing buttons and stuff, you'll get it pretty quick.

Back