Who represents the MSP and Duluth area?

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
There is a chance developing that I will be up that way in late March or April. Be nice to visit with other PoA minions while up there.

Coming for the weather? :) I am in the Twin Cities.

What is the expected weather in early April?

Do I need to plan on layering 3 parkas, 5 long John underwear, a beanie + trapper hat + Russian fur hat? Oh, and the army surplus bunny boots?

Hmmm... with all that I might not fit behind the yoke of the Skylane.

Early April is sweatshirt and jacket weather. Well, unless we get a couple feet of snow like a few years back... But the bitter cold stuff should be behind us by that point. Though I do keep my trapper hat handy year round.

April can be sunny and 60-70 or snow and single digits temperatures. Never know

April can be sunny and 60-70 or snow and single digits temperatures. Never know

Indeed... This is a shot of NEXRAD from 23 April 2017. Duluth on the right side of the screen, MT/ND border on the left. That was the day that iced up my bike.

20200207_231530.jpg

What is the expected weather in early April?

Do I need to plan on layering 3 parkas, 5 long John underwear, a beanie + trapper hat + Russian fur hat? Oh, and the army surplus bunny boots?

Hmmm... with all that I might not fit behind the yoke of the Skylane.

For you being from TX, yes, bring the longjohns and parka. For people who live here it's almost t-shirts and shorts.
At that time of the year it's hard to predict, it could be some more snow, or sunny and 50-60 degrees, it probably won't be below zero though.
I represent St Paul, which has a tiny western suburb called Minneapolis.

Depending on weather/timing i'd be interested in meeting up

Weather in April can be all over the place. I'd invite you to drop in to 7MN3, but no guarantee the snow will be off my grass strip. Some years I can start flying in March, other years it's May.

There is a chance developing that I will be up that way in late March or April. Be nice to visit with other PoA minions while up there.
I live on the west side of the Twin Cities. When you have better dates let us know. Are you flying your plane here?

Slight update. I am now looking to be there in mid March.

Purpose is to do some training with Venture North in Cloquet, MN.

PIREPS on both weather and Venture North are appreciated.

Paging @LDJones - please pick up the white courtesy phone!
And by the by, counselor... when in the heck are the two of us going to commit some aviation? I've been down in the Addison area many a time lately.....

And by the by, counselor... when in the heck are the two of us going to commit some aviation? I've been down in the Addison area many a time lately.....

Good question. All I do is work and sleep, and in the wrong proportions at that. Recent real estate events not helping.

We'll get it going *some* day.

Back