Steep approaches

I really enjoyed your video. Cool to see your techniques and lots of beautiful locations.

Very nice landings and great video. I assume by the way you pronounce "Costa Rica" that you are a genuine Tico.

A regular air port I use is Glenwood Springs, Colorado at 6000' atitude which has a clear approach landing NW but I also approach it steep just in case of a rouge downdraft on final. This way I can trade altitude for speed in case I need it at the high density altitude. In case of a strong updraft then I can just go around.

Very nice landings and great video. I assume by the way you pronounce "Costa Rica" that you are a genuine Tico.

A regular air port I use is Glenwood Springs, Colorado at 6000' atitude which has a clear approach landing NW but I also approach it steep just in case of a rouge downdraft on final. This way I can trade altitude for speed in case I need it at the high density altitude. In case of a strong updraft then I can just go around.

That sinker over the river has surprised a lot of pilots at GWS. LOL.

That sinker over the river has surprised a lot of pilots at GWS. LOL.
Yup. Steep approaches aren't just for short fields. A good technique for any runway configuration which puts a downdraft just before a runway threshold.

Back