Flying South Florida question

PiperW

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
PiperW
...so does Trump hanging out in Margo Largo made it undesirable to live as a general aviation in that area?

:)...at first I was curious about Florida but now you have my interest.

Recommend any air parks around Ft Pierce?

No, but if you’re considering moving to Florida you should know that the mosquitoes will eat your children and the alligators will eat your dog. Best to just stay away.

Florida’s full, sorry ;)

likely not any worse than when obama came back to chicago.
IIRC, Obama came back to Chicago about twice a year when he was in office. And then it was usually for a day.

As of the end of 2019, Trump has spent about 100 days at Mar-A-Lago.

So I'd say it's worse.

IIRC, Obama came back to Chicago about twice a year when he was in office. And then it was usually for a day.

As of the end of 2019, Trump has spent about 100 days at Mar-A-Lago.

So I'd say it's worse.

Well Chicago vs Mar-a-lago vs DC

I’d say it makes sense lol

Aero Acres - FD88. 3,150’ paved & lighted, plus parallel grass runway. All homes are on taxiways, no shared roads. Best place I’ve ever lived - this is a big, tightknit family.

https://www.aeroacres.com

https://www.realpropertyhomes.net/10/listing/51270

https://meggschellenger.keyes.com

Both of these realtors live here - great people!

we are going to that area in March and appreciate the contacts. That is exactly the type strip and cost range I was looking for.
thanks.

No, but if you’re considering moving to Florida you should know that the mosquitoes will eat your children and the alligators will eat your dog. Best to just stay away.
That’s if the snakes don’t get ya first. Everything down there tries to kill ya. Try to fly out of it-The mid day turbulence with pound your brain.

Not to mention the hurricanes. You would think all these damn yankees would get sick of the place and go back nawth.

Also be careful of the fire ants, and be sure to visit in July-August. Also take a drive during snowbird season.

Also take a drive during snowbird season.

There's an ongoing debate about snowbirds. Some folks say you need a migratory bird permit to shoot them, others say they're considered vermin so no license is required. I've been meaning to contact the Florida Fish & Wildlife Commission about it but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Check out the West Coast south of Tampa. There are some airparks in the SE FL area. The weather and traffic are better than the east coast.

People get old, retire and move to Florida. Their parents move to Naples and Ft. Myers.

People get old, retire and move to Florida and drive slowly in the left lane. Their parents move to Naples and Ft. Myers and drive motorhomes slowly in the left lane with their left turn signal constantly on.

FIFY

.......recently retiree, I will need a place to store my motor home as I plan to explore Florida with it when I am not flying.
:)

Check out the West Coast south of Tampa. There are some airparks in the SE FL area. The weather and traffic are better than the east coast.
please don't, the traffic is to damn bad here now! we don't need anymore people!

you know the difference between a yankee and a damn yankee? a yankee comes down here and visits, a damn yankee comes down here and stays!

People get old, retire and move to Florida. Their parents move to Naples and Ft. Myers.
thats right, KRSW is where old people get off the plane and are met by their parents! there are signs in places here that say "tell us if you don't get the senior discount"!

please don't, the traffic is to damn bad here now! we don't need anymore people!

you know the difference between a yankee and a damn yankee? a yankee is a baseball player and a damn yankee is someone who ain't from Dixie

FIFY. :)

There's an ongoing debate about snowbirds. Some folks say you need a migratory bird permit to shoot them, others say they're considered vermin so no license is required. I've been meaning to contact the Florida Fish & Wildlife Commission about it but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Here you go. Even with that, you're still limited to one a day.

00003625639670-0205.jpg

...so does Trump hanging out in Margo Largo made it undesirable to live as a general aviation in that area?
Wheneverhe leaves office, Maralago or wherever he lives will have a zero or small TFR. Bush’s Dallas house has a 1 nm radius TFR up to 1500 agl. Neither Obama nor Carter have one, AFAIK. Can’t find one on FF. But Secret Service may decide otherwise. Trump always had his own security, so it may be irrelevant.

...so the question how do u fly if your plane is housed under a Trump TFR?

My guess is you don’t.

seriously thinking about moving to Florida next summer. If I get my twin rating, I will probably make the move.

Back