Rough River Kentucky Fly-in 2020 - April 23-26

For @Salty and to add to Bill Jennings post. There is no fuel at Rough River.
Yeah I noticed that, but thanks for the point out.

does the airport allow parking when you aren’t staying? I may combine this with a trip to Nashville and drive in to Nashville and leave the plane there. This plan also assumes I can get a rental there.

There is nothing like rental cars there and the parking will be tight that weekend.

There was plenty of parking last year, might talk to the lodge people about the closest rental place.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I'll just fly down to Nashville. It was just a thought to save the hassle of finding a place for the plane in Nashville.

I'll just fly down to Nashville. It was just a thought to save the hassle of finding a place for the plane in Nashville.
If you already have a solid plan disregard...we went there last year and found John Tune (JWN) is very easy in/out, FBO treated us nicely and it’s an easy Uber in/out of downtown.

You’re a pilot with an airplane and you were going to drive to Nashville? I’m sorry, you’re not welcome at our fly-in. :)

I second John Tune Airport.

You’re a pilot with an airplane and you were going to drive to Nashville? I’m sorry, you’re not welcome at our fly-in. :)

I second John Tune Airport.
I've done John Tune before. Not the worst place I've stopped. Not real fond of the approach when they won't let you up into the Charlie though. Way too many antennas for my liking.

Have other reasons to drive into Nashville not relevant.

Last edited:
IF YOU DIDN"T LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE WITH POA, CALL THEM AND LET THEM KNOW ASAP

From Mary at RR:
I am holding accommodations for the group. I have the release date as 2/1/2020. You all have 6 out of the 13 accommodations I have held picked up but there is 7 left. Do you know if you all will be needing the rest.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Mary Salmon

Group Sales Coordinator
Rough River Dam State Resort Park

450 Lodge Rd.
Falls Of Rough, KY 40119

Phone: (270) 257-2311
Family Reunions, Cozy Cottage Retreats, Lake Adventures... "Theres a Park for That!"
Rough River Dam State Resort Park, Reserve your spot on the lake today!

Might be a perfect stop over for me on my way from Wyoming to the Bahamas!!!

Vacation has been put in, don't really care if it's approved. Bunking with the Theisens again. Will brink a bag o' sticks and the ol' six strang. See you jackwagons in April.

Andy,

We did West Virginia last year, Almost Heaven, thinking Tennesee this year, Rock Top, you are prolly to young to know it.

Andy,

We did West Virginia last year, Almost Heaven, thinking Tennesee this year, Rock Top, you are prolly to young to know it.

You kiddin'? Good ol' Rockytop. Rockytop Tennessee.

Played over the loudspeaker at every high school basketball game in Lindsay, OK for 30 years.

However, our fine Georgia Bulldog friend, Mr. 310Pilot might strangle me upon hearing the Tennessee fight song ;):eek2:

Last edited:
My guess it that our friend Bill will be pleased.

IF YOU DIDN"T LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE WITH POA, CALL THEM AND LET THEM KNOW ASAP
Mary Salmon
Phone: (270) 257-2311
Do it - you get a discount. And you get to be closer to those yahoos upthread.

Do it - you get a discount. And you get to be closer to those yahoos upthread.

and also hopefully we get all the cabins in that area so no one else will complain about noise. and by noise I mean us singing Celine's greatest hits at the top of our drunken voices at 2am.

and also hopefully we get all the cabins in that area so no one else will complain about noise. and by noise I mean us singing Celine's greatest hits at the top of our drunken voices at 2am.
That’s @OkieFlyer and @SixPapaCharlie doing their twice daily Titanic reenactment. The rest of us stick with Milli Vanilli and stuff.

I didn't think it was the noise, but the pole dancing on the airport beacon that got every ones attention

T minus TWO freakin months, can ya believe it?

BOOK YOUR ROOMS/CABINS and don't forget to get the discounted rate!

The days are first sure passing quickly. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. I keep waiting for winter to end, but it never really arrived here. I am not complaining however.

So, I take my checkride next week, and should close on my new to me Cherokee 180C on Monday....would be flying from T67 (Br-y-an's) neighbor airport. I'll see what my CFI has going that weekend.........I watched the videos from last year and it looks like a blast, but I don't know if I want to come unless Jaime is gonna be there.

Looking forward to it!

We can only book last minute. Our Mooney will go into her annual at the end of March. :( We really hope the Mooney is ready to fly again at the end of April...

I just registered for a lodge room. Hopefully, I can make it down this year. Misses may come along as well.

Richard

Will be at Disney until Friday so it looks like I’ll be coming down on Saturday morning. Gonna check on a cabin tomorrow.

Back