Doorbell with talkback NO CLOUD REQUIRED

jsstevens

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
jsstevens
I seek the collective wisdom that is POA.

My daughter is starting a business. A dance studio. She's been the assistant director of one for years and we bought the name, etc. We are building out a new building and will have need of a doorbell for deliveries, etc. when classes are not running and the reception area is not staffed. Due to the building layout, my daughter's office is as far from the front door as it can be. (Not planned just how the building lays out...).

I'm looking for a doorbell that would allow her to talk to the person at the door and tell them she's on the way. Two way talk is needed, video is not though it would be nice.

What I DO NOT WANT is something like iRing that requires a cloud connection. After nearly 20 minutes of searching the web (not a marathon, I realize) I turned up a whole bunch of video doorbells that use the cloud, store video, etc. Nothing like what I'm looking for.

Anybody know of one?

John

Probably going to have to build it yourself. Everything off the shelf is going to use the cloud.

You need CCTV and an intercom. Common stuff at any audio video supply house.

I'm looking for a doorbell that would allow her to talk to the person at the door and tell them she's on the way. Two way talk is needed, video is not though it would be nice.

Search Amazon for these words:
intercom wired camera video

or replace "wired" with "wi-fi"

There are several such products sold on Amazon, for roughly $100.

Search Amazon for these words:
intercom wired camera video

or replace "wired" with "wi-fi"

There are several such products sold on Amazon, for roughly $100.

And there is it. Intercom was the magic search term I didn't think of.

Thanks all!

Used to install these thingies. They are very common in public schools. Available with one-way video and two-way audio, if desired...

Back