Migraine history

C

CitationDriver

Going for my first medical soon.

A doctor noted possible migraines at a visit 10 years ago, it was an appointment for tension headaches. I don't have migraines now or then, and there was no further treatment or history of migraines other than the one note. I am going to disclose the history of frequent tension headaches but should I make any mention of the one migraine note?

As long as the doc noted it as "'possible' migraines", I would leave it out. Don't create a problem where there is none.

-Skip

Possible migraines is not a dx. If you did not see the doc for migraine symptoms, & in the absence of a doc's dx, you can't dx yourself. You are going to answer yes to 18a anyway (frequent or severe headaches). There is a huge difference in the symptoms of a tension headache and a migraine. Since you say you have never had migraines & as long as you report honestly regarding your headache symptoms, I don't think you even have to mention migraine.

18.a. Frequent or severe headaches. The applicant should report frequency, duration, characteristics, severity of symptoms, neurologic manifestations, and whether they have been incapacitating, treatment and side effects, if any

Possible migraines is not a dx. If you did not see the doc for migraine symptoms, & in the absence of a doc's dx, you can't dx yourself. You are going to answer yes to 18a anyway (frequent or severe headaches). There is a huge difference in the symptoms of a tension headache and a migraine. Since you say you have never had migraines & as long as you report honestly regarding your headache symptoms, I don't think you even have to mention migraine.

18.a. Frequent or severe headaches. The applicant should report frequency, duration, characteristics, severity of symptoms, neurologic manifestations, and whether they have been incapacitating, treatment and side effects, if any
I wonder how FAA defines frequent or severe???

Migraine headaches do not have to be severe or frequent. Many are occasional and mild. What the FAA is concerned about are associated neurological or visual symptoms(aura). If you are having no neurological symptoms, headaches are not severe or frequent, forget about mentioning. Yes, most migraines are not severe or frequent, sometimes going 20 yrs between episodes.

Migraine is one of the most common conditions among a diverse population. My mother suffered from migraines for a long time and I just hate remembering this period of time. She used very strong antidepressants in order not to feel severe pain and after that the pain stopped tormenting, but she developed severe hallucinations. In the end, I decided to do something and started looking for other treatments for migraine. After a long search for information, I came across a TGM kratom guide. I ordered a little kratom and my mother started using kratom and the effect was much better. The main advantage is that it is a completely safe opioid.

Last edited:
But it has to have been just once and the has to be the documented period of none since.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back