Time building Connecticut

triple111

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
triple111
Hey guys, I’m a new PPL looking for a time building partner for IR/commercial. Been flying out of KSNC, but am willing to travel around. Planning on trading off between safety pilot and foggles between legs. shoot me a PM if you’re in the area and have similar goals!

Hey guys, I’m a new PPL looking for a time building partner for IR/commercial. Been flying out of KSNC, but am willing to travel around. Planning on trading off between safety pilot and foggles between legs. shoot me a PM if you’re in the area and have similar goals!
Your confusion is a self correcting problem given where you attach your foggles.

Welcome... do you have a plane or are you renting from Jeanne?

I'm at SNC too, but no interest in IFR work... I'm the guy with the red and tan biplane.

I was going to start my training there then the kappa was bent. So now I'm skipping the sport ticket and just going straight into PPL. I hear the winds going into KSNC are a little squirrelly.

Quick question for my CT brethren, do you have an AME that you recommend?

I hear the winds going into KSNC are a little squirrelly.

It can definitely get interesting, its a 2700x50 runway so learning you definitely forces you to become a better pilot without 100 feet of width an 3000 feet to float. Westerly 10G18 is common when lows pass. It can be tough getting a day that you can solo because you'll probably get a 5kt crosswind limit to start (in the 152), and I was winded out many days. If Windham (IJD) is close by, I would recommend going there just for the multiple runways. But i definitely enjoy flying out of there and the airport is well maintained.

Can't speak for an AME because I did mine in NJ, but i'd be curious to hear some options for my renewal.

Yeah, SNC can be sporty at times. Up on a hill and the runways were extended on both ends so if it's not crosswind you can get a wicked downdraft on short final.

Most of the guys I know at SNC go to Doc Winter for their medicals, he has an office in the back of his hangar there. Good guy.

Great pireps. I think i will be starting at 4B9 Simsbury. I work about 6 miles from Simsbury and my job is flexible enough to take a 2 hour lunch. Just went there for lunch today to get my info in IACRA but the guy wasn't there. I will check tomorrow. The Wx is very favorable the next couple of days.

What do you think about Goodspeed? No fuel but i grew up in haddam and i love that area. I'm always thinking about that bridge. Is it a factor?

I'm always thinking about that bridge. Is it a factor?

Depends on your plane, of course. Flying an Archer II, the bridge was no factor, but it surely creates interesting scenery on takeoff from 32... :)

-Skip

Goodspeed is nice, I used to keep my plane there, but it's dead, very little activity. The bridge looks intimidating the first time you take off on 32 but it's really not a factor at all.

Working on my CFI-I out of DXR own plane perhaps we can take a few flights dm

Back