Adult adhd

P

Pilotadhd

Another adhd thread.
I think I have adhd but was never diagnosed as a kid. I had trouble focusing back in school.
I sometimes have trouble focusing at work unless I’m totally isolated without outside distractions. I close my office door so I can focus. When growing up there was no such thing as adhd. I’m 51. I have my PPL. I CAN fly a plane without issues. I wanted to be a professional pilot but parents discourage it and pushed me into joining the military. I have a well paying successful IT career now.
I always wonder if I could have been an airplane pilot. Anyway! I think the FAA needs to rethink ADHD policies and atleast allow someone with ADHD hold a private pilot license after demonstrating they are capable and confident.
Anyway my thoughts on the topic.

Another adhd thread.
I think I have adhd but was never diagnosed as a kid. I had trouble focusing back in school.
I sometimes have trouble focusing at work unless I’m totally isolated without outside distractions. I close my office door so I can focus. When growing up there was no such thing as adhd. I’m 51. I have my PPL. I CAN fly a plane without issues. I wanted to be a professional pilot but parents discourage it and pushed me into joining the military. I have a well paying successful IT career now.
I always wonder if I could have been an airplane pilot. Anyway! I think the FAA needs to rethink ADHD policies and atleast allow someone with ADHD hold a private pilot license after demonstrating they are capable and confident.
Anyway my thoughts on the topic.
Thoughts?

You are 51, have a good career, and are a pilot. That's quite a life.

>>
I always wonder if I could have been an airplane pilot.
<<

I'm going to assume you meant "professional pilot". And the only thing that's preventing you from finding out...is you.

If you are looking to blame something, like possibly undiagnosed ADHD, because you are enjoying the good life you have now instead of a life you *might* have had, maybe you need to step back and take a long look at things.

Yes sorry I Always wondered if I could be a professional pilot. Just saying I think I have undiagnosed adhd and I can fly atleast private pilot and I have been in some busy class B airspace.

I can’t even tell you the number of safety reports I get at work on pilots doing stupid **** because of lack of attention to detail. You can’t be any worse than them. I say go for it.

Is the diagnosis of ADHD the subject of the FAA's objection, or is it the meds used to treat ADHD?

The meds are the red flag for the underlying diagnosis, aren’t they? I’m not sure they are prescribed for anything else.

Fortunately you can’t diagnose yourself according to the FAA. No dx no problem. FAA is not in the business of diagnosing you during a flight physical.

Could it be that you don’t have a disease, but just arnt that into what you’re doing at work?

Fortunately you can’t diagnose yourself according to the FAA. No dx no problem. FAA is not in the business of diagnosing you during a flight physical.

Lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back