I Fainted from Standing Up Too Fast - Do I Need to Report It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TooHonest

I was recently issued a 3rd Class medical so I can get my private pilot, and I'm planning on just flying for fun. I needed to get a couple tests because of a single medication-induced loss of consciousness that happened more than 10 years ago. The tests showed that I am normal, and I have not been on any medications for at least 10 years and am generally in good health.

So I was in the shower two weeks ago, squatting down in (ahem) a moment of passion, which was pretty intense. When it was over I stood up quickly, then felt very queasy, and a moment later I found myself on the floor, apparently having fainted. Surprised, I stood up quickly, and again found myself on the floor. I stood up, and a moment later I felt totally normal again. I looked at the clock and only a couple minutes had passed, and I had a couple minor bruises, presumably from the fall. I've gone about my life normally since then (including exercise) with no problems, and I've flown twice with my CFI with no issues. So apparently I fainted from standing up too fast after my, um, shower activities. I have not fainted at any other time in my life.

I think the cause of this incident is pretty obvious and I doubt there is anything medically wrong with me. My question is, am I required to go confess this incident to my AME? And if I don't go confess it now, but I do report it on my medical form when I renew my medical in two years, is the FAA going to ask my why I continued to fly for almost two years after an incident of loss of consciousness, even if I have no other incidents? And would they require additional tests? It seems that reporting it might raise a flag for the FAA because of my one other episode of loss of consciousness, even though that episode was not related to this. Might it serve the greater good to just let this incident disappear down the memory hole as long as it doesn't happen again, and not report it?

Did you just post on this forum asking if you need to report fainting after jerking off in the shower?

If you are an AOPA member there is still accessible a good “sticky” string, “when report something to the FAA, and when not"..... Good discussion there which I am not capable on the iPAD of copying to here.....https://forums.aopa.org

Avoid hot showers while flying and you’ll be fine. Hypotension isn’t uncommon when you’re sick and dehydrated. You easily could have been both of those when the event happened. Are you generally hypotensive? I am and I’ve never had a problem getting a Class 1-3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t say one way or the other but I would assume if u did report it you would minimally get a restriction of no jerking off while PIC...

If good “sticky”
upload_2020-1-15_21-53-29.jpeg

couldn’t help myself. This thread is pretty intense.

Bending over “to pick up the soap”?
NTTAWWT.

Thank you dear masturbatory stranger.. after the dumpster fire lax dump thread I needed a good laugh like this

I have no real medical advice on this matter. The FAA's punitive approach to anything outside of textbook picture health means there's an apparent don't ask don't tell policy, people not going to the doctor, and ignoring the voices in their head

A purely logical deductive prudent solution to this though would be to not repeat said passion activity while showering while you're also acting as sole manipulator (of the plane)

Vaso-vagal syncope.
When your heart rate and blood pressure fall and causes the blood to your brain to decrease and the result is fainting. My guess is your doctor will confirm this.

Perhaps you are correct, we will probably never know the gender of this troll

Fainting from standing quickly is a classic example of low fluid volume, no? Eat salt and drink some water.

Perhaps you are correct, we will probably never know the gender of this troll

How come whenever someone brings up a questionable topic they are automatically labeled a troll? I do see that the OP’s account doesn’t exist anymore...
Anyways, I’ve noticed that a lot here that if someone has a differing opinion or makes a comment that goes against the grain they are automatically banished to troll-land.

How come whenever someone brings up a questionable topic they are automatically labeled a troll? I do see that the OP’s account doesn’t exist anymore...
Anyways, I’ve noticed that a lot here that if someone has a differing opinion or makes a comment that goes against the grain they are automatically banished to troll-land.

You don't need an account to post in this topic so there was never an account made for TooHonest in the first place hence it says guest under their name.

And to the trolling, it happens a lot here and most things out of the ordinary like this, typically are trolls. Not always but 99% of the time its a troll post. And with the level on unnecessary detail here I suspect it is, especially when they never return.

Who squats though? That seemed like just a little bit of extra detail to make this potentially seem fake

Who squats though? That seemed like just a little bit of extra detail to make this potentially seem fake
Maybe he’s just too tall for his shower and has a hard time standing upright. :)

I was recently issued a 3rd Class medical so I can get my private pilot, and I'm planning on just flying for fun. I needed to get a couple tests because of a single medication-induced loss of consciousness that happened more than 10 years ago. The tests showed that I am normal, and I have not been on any medications for at least 10 years and am generally in good health.

So I was in the shower two weeks ago, squatting down in (ahem) a moment of passion, which was pretty intense. When it was over I stood up quickly, then felt very queasy, and a moment later I found myself on the floor, apparently having fainted. Surprised, I stood up quickly, and again found myself on the floor. I stood up, and a moment later I felt totally normal again. I looked at the clock and only a couple minutes had passed, and I had a couple minor bruises, presumably from the fall. I've gone about my life normally since then (including exercise) with no problems, and I've flown twice with my CFI with no issues. So apparently I fainted from standing up too fast after my, um, shower activities. I have not fainted at any other time in my life.

I think the cause of this incident is pretty obvious and I doubt there is anything medically wrong with me. My question is, am I required to go confess this incident to my AME? And if I don't go confess it now, but I do report it on my medical form when I renew my medical in two years, is the FAA going to ask my why I continued to fly for almost two years after an incident of loss of consciousness, even if I have no other incidents? And would they require additional tests? It seems that reporting it might raise a flag for the FAA because of my one other episode of loss of consciousness, even though that episode was not related to this. Might it serve the greater good to just let this incident disappear down the memory hole as long as it doesn't happen again, and not report it?

if you were alone in the shower you may have something to worry about. If you were accompanied I wouldn’t worry about. Just don’t duplicate your actions while in flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back