Motor Gliders

Benw

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Benw
With everyone recommending motor gliders as an alternative after a denial. Does anyone have information on fightschools or instructors? I’m in Colorado, our local Diamond HK-36 is being sold so I don’t know of any more in Colorado

If that’s the one that was at APA it’s the only rental motor glider I’ve ever seen here since 1991.

A friend who has some medical issues was looking into owning one a while back and they’re fairly rare. One was based at Boulder but wasn’t a rental.

You’re most likely going to have to buy one if that’s your planned course of action for flying.

I got my glider rating at the club in Zephyrhills and then the motor add on from the Pipistrel guy in zephyr for a relatively small sum.

Come on down to Boerne Stage Airfield just outside San Antonio. Dave White is a Pipistrel trained distributor who instructs in a demonstrator and you may decide to buy one, or not. I guarantee you'll have fun getting a glider rating in his motorglider. You might even decide to stick around longer and add an aerotow endorcement with the local glider club (SASSi).

Come on down to Boerne Stage Airfield just outside San Antonio. Dave White is a Pipistrel trained distributor who instructs in a demonstrator and you may decide to buy one, or not. I guarantee you'll have fun getting a glider rating in his motorglider. You might even decide to stick around longer and add an aerotow endorcement with the local glider club (SASSi).

Can you give me more specific information on getting in touch with Dave White?

Can you give me more specific information on getting in touch with Dave White?
google "Dave white pipistrel"

First link has his phone number and email address.

You can also search on "SALSA Aviation" and the link "About Salsa Aviation" will have contact information. He knows a lot of folks in the glider and motorglider field and even if you decide not to travel to Boerne, he could steer you in the right direction. Good luck. Full disclosure, I fly the towplane at Boerne for the local glider club and have worked with Dave many years.

My late father flew a Diamond motorglider after he lost his medical until he quit flying at age 92. Truly can fly it as a plane if you want- he and a friend flew it from California to Oshkosh one year.

I recall him telling me that he got his glider rating and self-launch add-on at the airport in Ohio where Sporty’s is located and my recollection is it was in a rental Diamond before he purchased one. That was over 10 years ago but might be worth a phone call.

google "Dave white pipistrel"

First link has his phone number and email address.

you ROCK!!!!!

I emailed Dave, he is actually only about half an hour away from me. And is able to do the self launch endorsement

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back