Time to come clean.

To the OP:

Meet with a HIMS AME that you are comfortable with and discuss. Put it all out there in its entirety to your AME. IF you become part of a FAA investigation for any reason, you are likely toast. Don't just think bent metal, could be something as simple as a missed radio call that resulted in a loss of separation. Especially in the 135/121 arena. If you disclose your omission and come clean, it seems unlikely that you will be referred to the OIG.. however, you may still have your certificates revoked. If the FAA finds out of their own accord, they will be more harsh in punishment.

A bit of advice regarding this message board. It will leave you with an anxiety disorder if you let it. The members that frequent this board are probably not the best source for sound advice. They have read from the gospel of the 2 AMEs who routinely post here and now think that they themselves are fit to answer any and all complex medical certification questions.

Go see your trusted AME. Be honest. With full details presented, ask him or her the question.... What are my options? Should I retire? Should I get a lawyer? Will I likely get prosecuted? Don't ask these questions of random people on the net.

Go now and never return to this thread.

Regards,
Some Guy On The Internet

Isn't this a legal issue before a medical problem. If he talks to an attorney his discussions are privileged where I'm not so sure if that's the case with a doctor regarding the omissions. His medical discussion is probably protected with the doctor but not omissions he signed documents omitting medical conditions.

It's my understanding that willfully making false statements to any department of the United States is a crime. Making false statements is what they get most people on for filing a false tax return. Same crime used when making false statements to the FBI which was recently used against some of the folks associated with Donald Trump. Remember Martha Stewart that's how they sent her to prison too. It's obvious that Martha Stewart while having the wealth to hire an attorney she spoke to the FBI without proper legal advise or representation. Any good attorney would have never let her make a false statement to the FBI.

If you look on any of those FAA forms it says "Whoever in any matter within the jurisdiction of any department or agency of the United States knowingly and willfully falsifies,conceals or covers up by any trick,scheme, or device a material fact, or who makes any false, fictitious or fraudulent statements or representations, or entry, may be fined up to $250,000 or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both,(18 U.S. Code Secs. 1001; 3571)"

I'm no expert, but have had some legal trouble in the past. If I had to guess his best outcome will be loss of his cert to fly for a living. His best outcome would be not getting any jail time. There has to be attorney's out there who know how to handle this. If he does nothing and if they do find out it will most likely be prison time. Only an attorney who is experienced in these legal matters can help. Make sure who ever you find has lots of experience with this. You want a federal criminal experienced attorney who knows his way around a court room. I have been ripped off by attorneys in the past who promised lot only to find out they are great at selling their services, but have little court room experience.

Last edited:
To the OP:

A bit of advice regarding this message board. It will leave you with an anxiety disorder if you let it. The members that frequent this board are probably not the best source for sound advice. They have read from the gospel of the 2 AMEs who routinely post here and now think that they themselves are fit to answer any and all complex medical certification questions.

Go see your trusted AME. Be honest. With full details presented, ask him or her the question.... What are my options? Should I retire? Should I get a lawyer? Will I likely get prosecuted? Don't ask these questions of random people on the net.
I don’t think that’s fair. There is plenty of good advice given and received here. Several members here have seen the wrath of the FAA medical system first hand. Most posts are in good nature with some ridicule peppered in. You get what you pay for in the free advice world. But for the most part you will be steered right.
The goal is to know the outcome before you see the AME-once you are in there you have no control. That’s the point of coming here or similar forums. Bound to run into a few whom have had similar experience. Take the poking in jest-the cost of admission IMO

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back