SPT vs. Nulite panel lighting

Georgeyk17

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Georgeyk17
does anyone know the install process for these panel lights. SPT requires bezel to go between the instrument and the panel which is a bigger job... but lighting looks nicer IMO.
Nulite say same installation is preferred but you can also install on the panel in front of plastic cover. Nulite is 3x the price but only 25% the time to install...if this method looks and functions as well. Just trying to get some feedback on anyone who has any experience on this type of install

I have nulite, didn’t install myself cuz I am lazy, but for 3 instruments they installed it in less than an hour

The fiber light setup is outstanding! I had it in my Mooney and loved it. It's going to be going in my new airplane here shortly.
Install is very easy and will take about 2 to 3 hours to do 6 instruments.
The first time you fly at night, you'll think it's the best two to three hours you've ever used.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The fiber light setup is outstanding! I had it in my Mooney and loved it. It's going to be going in my new airplane here shortly.
Install is very easy and will take about 2 to 3 hours to do 6 instruments.
The first time you fly at night, you'll think it's the best two to three hours you've ever used.

Do you have pictures from the Mooney?

Thanks

Do you have pictures from the Mooney?

Thanks
The camera angle doesn't do it justice, but here you go.
df007d8a3e5e2ea174b9ef9382df8863.jpg

It looks great

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I installed the nulite, and did six instruments in an hour. I had to get longer bolts, and getting the panel off and on was the most time consuming.

I installed the nulite, and did six instruments in an hour. I had to get longer bolts, and getting the panel off and on was the most time consuming.

Got any pictures of the setup?

I had Nulites in my SkyHawk but the Piper Arrow I have now uses a weird dimming circuit (solid state "common emitter") which does not work with the NuLites or other such lighting if that lighting uses a common ground and varies the DC voltage to the lights. So you would have to purchase a separate dimmer device.

Sorry don't really have photos, because there's really not much to see!

The nulites are behind the panel, and I think it would look goofy if you placed the in front of the panel, not to mention work worse.

Resurrecting an old thread...does the fact the Nulite causes the instrument to be pushed back a bit cause any difficulty seeing the gauge?

Resurrecting an old thread...does the fact the Nulite causes the instrument to be pushed back a bit cause any difficulty seeing the gauge?
nope. however, my altimeter knob is little tight to turn due to the crappy plastic overlay after installing nulite, i think a little filling will take care of it

I just finished putting NuLites on most of the 120 instruments. All behind the panel except for Altimeter due to being able to adjust with the cover on the panel. Love em.

Back