Where did we (I) go wrong/right?

IK04

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
LNXGUY
Before becoming a pilot, I was well on my to becoming a professional musician.

I was proficient on four stringed instruments and two brass instruments.

Now I can barely pluck a nose hair.

I'd like to regain some of my chops and at least be able to entertain myself and those around me.

What would y'all be doing if you hadn't lost your way and become a pilot?

Before becoming a pilot, I was well on my to becoming a professional musician.

I was proficient on four stringed instruments and two brass instruments.

Now I can barely pluck a nose hair.

I'd like to regain some of my chops and at least be able to entertain myself and those around me.

Sitting at home. I kept my chops up and still entertain (if you call it that) with my cello skills. I gave up flight simming to do the real thing. Darn.

You know what's worse than a staving pilot? .....a starving musician. lol :D

Pimp

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm a professional musician... who, when not playing gigs, sits around and wonders what life would have been like as a professional pilot... lol...

Been much more confused by @SixPapaCharlie ‘s YouTube videos.

Dunno. Probably computers and networks still since that ended up being more lucrative for my generation than most things.

Pretended I was a good jazz singer once. Had a few minor awards. Played a few instruments also. Didn’t want music schoolteacher pay.

Pretended I was a good jazz singer once. Had a few minor awards. Played a few instruments also. Didn’t want music schoolteacher pay.

Music schoolteacher pay isn't bad as long as you remember to budget as if you were a jazz musician.

Remember that the difference between a jazz musician and a large pizza is that a large pizza can feed a family of four.

Music schoolteacher pay isn't bad as long as you remember to budget as if you were a jazz musician.

Remember that the difference between a jazz musician and a large pizza is that a large pizza can feed a family of four.
Ever seen the movie Mr. Holland's Opus? Hollywood says music teacher pay is bad, but career rewarding at the end.

Ever seen the movie Mr. Holland's Opus? Hollywood says music teacher pay is bad, but career rewarding at the end.

A boyfriend of our daughter's was in that movie. Back before they met when she was a Sophomore in high school. A long time ago. Loved that movie. He reminded me of the head of the music program in the school district I grew up in. And, yeah, the pay isn't all that good.

Back