First time getting over 200 mph GS in the M20C (in level flight)

I got -13 doing partial panel slow flight IFR training this week. GPS was confused and “tumbling” as it was trying to figure out ground track, lol.

I think you meant 200 KTS...

I’m a little confused there. The panel must be set up in MPH and he does mean 205 mph GS. The TAS is reading 171 which must be mph as well because 171 knots TAS is 200 mph TAS. (??)

Just remember to convert to knots when in the arrival procedure for Oshkosh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’m a little confused there. The panel must be set up in MPH and he does mean 205 mph GS. The TAS is reading 171 which must be mph as well because 171 knots TAS is 200 mph TAS. (??)

Just remember to convert to knots when in the arrival procedure for Oshkosh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
it is

All the air speeds are in mph as required by the G5 STC. (Technically I could legally put the wind data in knots, but THAT would be confusing)

It’s all fun and games until you turn around and try to go the other way... ;)

Then there is the other side of the scale. This was in a 172 with a student doing slow flight.

Heading was around 010, track was ~190 (@17 kts)... :)

ncm_0911-jpg.81811

Attachments

• NCM_0911.JPG
    NCM_0911.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 281
way to rack up those hobbs meter hours.....lol ;)

He was pretty much done with his training and a real sharp cookie (Aced the knowledge test). We were doing his "3 Hours in prep for" and it was a REALLY windy day. When I asked him, "You wanna fly backward?" it took him about 0.274 seconds to agree. :)

Legalities aside, is the presentation of indicated speed unit of measurement pilot-selectable in the G5?

Then there is the other side of the scale. This was in a 172 with a student doing slow flight.

Heading was around 010, track was ~190 (@17 kts)... :)
when you say slow flight, you ain’t kidding!

Legalities aside, is the presentation of indicated speed unit of measurement pilot-selectable in the G5?

I think Brian mentioned in another thread it’s settable only at install since Garmin wants it to match the original ASI in the aircraft to simplify certification.

Pain in the ass for those of us who have dual indicators so we can fly things in knots across the same type.

I think Brian mentioned in another thread it’s settable only at install since Garmin wants it to match the original ASI in the aircraft to simplify certification.

Pain in the ass for those of us who have dual indicators so we can fly things in knots across the same type.

Indeed, as I fly my dual indicator Arrow in knots bu poh cert in mph. What a joke. I'm so over certified. Looking forward to the [EAB] move.

Not sure why you’d think that.

Because I thought mooneys were fast (sorry not up on all the versions). I have cars that can do better than 200mph and that’s without a honking tailwind!

Because I thought mooneys were fast (sorry not up on all the versions). I have cars that can do better than 200mph and that’s without a honking tailwind!
Do they have 180 HP engines and were built in the 1960s?

He was pretty much done with his training and a real sharp cookie (Aced the knowledge test). We were doing his "3 Hours in prep for" and it was a REALLY windy day. When I asked him, "You wanna fly backward?" it took him about 0.274 seconds to agree. :)
yup....it's not like he was gonna get to go +300 kts in a Bonanza. :D

Attachments

• cruising.jpg
    cruising.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 22
Warrior not approved for 90 bank angle. Especially at that speed.

Yeah, Apple did that when I chose a medium sized filed instead of the full size. I didn't want to mess with them at the moment, so I figured someone would jump on the obvious joke :)

Normally about 30 minute trip. I think that day it was about 18. Best part was that I didn't have to slog that hard going there, I just flew lower in a fairly light headwind.

I got a 180kt trip one way last summer in our Bonanza.

Queue up the “Center, Dusty 3, speed check” joke.

f65486eaa180b4ae1adc3651d462128c.jpg

This is more like real speed for a piston single... (yes, I was in a slow descent - it was 335 KTS when level before the descent)
IMG_5183.jpeg

That's 405 mph by the way.

Back