Don't ask to Borrow my tools

They are all made by the same chinaman

I believe you’re correct, although not Klein, most of whose tools are made in the USA.

Currently, my all time worst socket set came from Northern Tool. Tried to use it once, then left it behind. The last set I grabbed at HF was $24 for a combined SAE/Metric 3/8 drive set with color bands to distinguish the two types, and the large font size labeling. After extensively using it on a project, I’m likely to grab another set or two for leaving in some of my over 10 year old cars.

My wife just bought me a 243 piece Craftsman set for x-mas. Compared to my existing HF set, the Craftsman from Lowes are superior.

I haven't purchased a socket set in decades. I've got a 1/4 inch drive set from SK Wayne that I got in 1970 and a 3/8 inch drive set from them that was purchased later in the 1970s. My metric sockets are Craftsman, but again date back to the 1970s. I broke one of them in the 1970s and the local Sears store replaced it with no questions. Has worked fine since. Now, I admit that I don't use these tools on a daily basis, but so far they have been bulletproof. My 1/2 inch drive set is substantially newer, bought it sometime after 1999 to use on my Jeep. So far, the only complaint I have with it is the brand name - Husky. I'm a WSU Cougar and I really hate to have anything with that name on it (so both of our step ladders - 8 foot and 12 foot - have that brand name, as well). So, Home Depot has some solid tools, as well.

Screwdrivers? I've got all sorts of brands and ages there. The cheap Stanley brand screwdrivers aren't very solid, some old ones of unknown brand and age work and hold up fine, as to some Stanley branded ones, as well. Luck of the draw?

when all screwdriver look like chisels, they all get the same treatment :)

Built my whole plane using mostly HF tools. Exceptions were a pair of Makita mini drills and the rivet puller.

As I told my grandson , "With tools , you always have friends"

Harbor Freight Corp HQ is not too far from me here in Ventucky CA.... and they have been stepping up the game a little... I have a few of their socket wrenches, etc... and I'll put the on par with Snap-On, MAC, and Craftman as of late... but be careful, they still do have a lot of junk on the shelves..

Think of them as Samsung... in the 70 this brand was associated as K-Mart junk.... now what are they?

Back