January Dallas Meet Up, Round 2

The address for the Tap Talk tonight (Friday) is in the post, and in the flyer graphic I attached.
Near Arlington.

(Sorry don't have it on top of brain... on my way there now to start drinking early)

New Main Brewing
3533 marathon, pantego TX
7:00pm

We'll be starting a bit late (at least 7:30 maybe later) due to the tornado warning.
(Welcome to Texas!)

Some BBQ people are supposed to bring in some catering, I am told.

If they get through the storm. Maybe not guaranteed.

Cool talk!

b83e86a1bc89c04117574ac5e60e3426.jpg

Bummed I missed it! A tornado warning forced us all off motion in the sim building, so we had to wait that out and as a result we’re running late. Drink a beer or three for me!

Well the tornado sirens were going off around me this evening near Love Field, while the repeated phone alerts slowly ran down my battery. But I managed to convince an Uber driver to take me to DFW for my much delayed flight to Midland. Airport was near abandoned when I got there. Zero line up for TSA. Zero. Very spooky. Runways closed. Big light show. People being asked to move away from the terminal windows. The weather today sucked.

Now 11:00 pm and waiting for the inbound to arrive, still hoping AA gets me to Midland in the early morning hours. This was supposed to be a 1430 local time departure. Could have made @kath lecture and still made my flight.

Well the tornado sirens were going off around me this evening near Love Field, while the repeated phone alerts slowly ran down my battery. But I managed to convince an Uber driver to take me to DFW for my much delayed flight to Midland. Airport was near abandoned when I got there. Zero line up for TSA. Zero. Very spooky. Runways closed. Big light show. People being asked to move away from the terminal windows. The weather today sucked.

Now 11:00 pm and waiting for the inbound to arrive, still hoping AA gets me to Midland in the early morning hours. This was supposed to be a 1430 local time departure. Could have made @kath lecture and still made my flight.
You know....if you had decided to drive to Midland..... you'd already be enjoying their hospitality by now.

C6C48F71-80EC-406A-B7D7-5C6C2F3CC7EF.png

That sucks.

Had planned on being there, but didn’t get the truck back together until nearly noon. Already been on my feet 16 hours at that point.

I've been in Richardson/Plano/Garland since Tuesday and pretty much been busy with work.

I'll be heading home tomorrow after lunch somewhere around here.

If anyone is bored and wants to do lunch tomorrow, I'll be here!

I'm still in Arlington. (But I don't have car transportation of my own)

On Saturday, I'll be relocating to some suburb north of Plano... I don't know the name of it. Sounds like that'd be too late.

Mon/Tues at SMU.

Planning to hit the airways heading east, sometime around next Wednesday or Thursday.

North of Plano is

The Colony
McKinney
Frisco
Little Elm (aka West Frisco)

I'll be back in Dallas again at the end of the month if anyone wants to connect. 1/27 - 1/30 (leaving town 1/31 in the morning). I'm staying in Arlington.

Back