Multiple FAA Consultations

hopeful2122

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
hopeful2122
Is it considered rude to get a couple different FAA medical consultations? I would love to present my situation to two potential Dr's, but I do not want to be seen as rude or calculating. I just want to find the best fit for potentially helping my problem.

Second opinions are not rude. However, you need to be careful. While their are incompetent AMEs out there, using one that will claim he can pass you when others say it requires a special issuance MIGHT come back and bite you.

Second opinions are not rude. However, you need to be careful. While their are incompetent AMEs out there, using one that will claim he can pass you when others say it requires a special issuance MIGHT come back and bite you.
I am 100% I will need special issuance or special circumstances, that's partially why I was considering the two different opinions to see which has the most practical approach in difficult conditions.

I am 100% I will need special issuance or special circumstances, that's partially why I was considering the two different opinions to see which has the most practical approach in difficult conditions.
As noted in your original thread.....wait until you talk/meet with the HIMS people and the senior AME. Playing AME Roulette is not a good idea.

I agree with what Murphey says about not playing AME Roulette.

The Senior AME population is small, and the active HIMS AME population even smaller. And they do occasionally meet and talk amongst one another.

So caution is advised to not appear as if you are "shopping" the AME's because you didn't like what the one(s) you visited had to say.

As noted in your original thread.....wait until you talk/meet with the HIMS people and the senior AME. Playing AME Roulette is not a good idea.
Thank you! I will just wait and see with who I have an appointment with! Crossing fingers for the best

multiple opinions are fine, as there is no one unique approach to jumping thru the hoops.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back