Cessna 150 cover?

Peter Ha

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Leadpan
Hey folks,
Anyone have experience with this whole plane cover (cowling, fuselage, empennage,wings, prop/spinner) for Cessna 150?
I'm looking at all-weather cover since I'm in desert area of CA; it should protect from sun and wind. It's about 2K in price.
https://www.aircraftcovers.com/150

Covers do more damage than good in a lot of instances. Especially in wind. And if there’s dust? It’ll grind on your windows and paint.

I can't comment on the wing or tail covers but I have a cover from this company for my 172. Covers windshield, cabin, side and back windows. I LOVE the protection it provides. Soft material on the inside I have had NO issues with scratches or other damage from the cover.

Very well made.

It is somewhat unwieldy and the first times I put it on or took it off was an ordeal. I now have a system and can have it on or off in 2-3 minutes.

I had a Bruce's Cover on my RV-6 years ago when I was forced to tie it down for about 6 years. Kept the canopy perfect.

I am a big fan of their products and their customer support is the best in the industry.

A full set of covers like you describe would weigh quite a bit and be bulky-- given the GW and cargo capacity of a 150, you will want to store it in your car when flying, not in the airplane.

EDIT: I also have a set of cowl plugs from this company. They just press into the front of the cowl and don't fall out no matter how windy. I lost several sets of cheap foam ones before buying these. Highly recommended.

Covers do more damage than good in a lot of instances. Especially in wind. And if there’s dust? It’ll grind on your windows and paint.

that's a common issue stated in the RV world too.
I personally have no experience using covers for rv or aircraft, but I was on the fence about covering my RV when we got it a few years ago. Ended up not. I regret it.

I have a full set of Bruce's custom covers. They're a pain to deal with before and after flying but while I wait for a hangar to come available I wouldn't leave my red paint exposed to sun, etc... Also keeps rain out of the leaky spots on a mooney C. Don't have any issues with scratching (so far) after 15 months of use. Funny thing though, after all that, turns out my nosewheel bearing needed replacing again. Second time in 2 annuals. Mechanic says common for Mooney C's when stored outside... Didn't know why though... I think I'm gonna fabricate a cover for the nose wheel...:crazy:

I have a Bruce's cover for my canopy. Well made and perfect fit.

Good tips folks. Is the prop and spinner cover necessary?

If you are keeping a plane outside, a cockpit cover is essential to protect your avionics and gyros from heat destruction. I went through panel repairs like kleenex with my AA-1A until I bought a canopy cover. With a quality custom cover, I've never had an issue with canopy or paint scratching. Covers will also be an additional barrier to leaks, and will discourage prying eyes. When I travel with my AA-5, I always carry and use the cover at the destination when parked outside. Keeps the interior nice and cool.

Good tips folks. Is the prop and spinner cover necessary?
Gonna depends on where in the planet your keeping the airplane.

If in a warmer dryer climate like Arizona or SoCal, not needed.

Like I told you on the other board, I *LOVE* my Bruce’s cover on my 150.
D07E58E0-A03C-4591-870A-4649EC1C297E.jpeg

It rained so much for the 3 days before this pic that the pond overflowed the runway. My cabin and gas tanks only had exactly what they should have inside, and not a drop of water. Best fitting and functioning covers out there!

Another satisfied customer:
83675da50f6f71efb-jpg.78728

+1 on the "over-the-top" Bruce's cover. If you're in the desert additional covers are probably unnecessary...

Edit: Although I would definitely recommend cowl plugs...

Last edited:
Or if ur handy sew one urself... I did but for the cowl prop n spinner for the cold. You could easily make one like the ones the guys are showing in the pics...

Back