ADS-B check flight FAIL

BigBadLou

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Lou
I took the airplane with the new ADS-B box out for a spin last night.
Even drew a nice shape for the FAA (no, NOT an erected middle finger or another body part).
Requested the performance report and failed due to "not for 30 minutes in Rule Airspace". (I had 0.0% failures, btw)
That was expected since I did not venture into the nearby Charlie or above 10k. (our local Charlie is so saturated nowadays that they are considering turning it into a Bravo airspace)

I have heard of numerous local pilots doing the same, flying the ADS-B check flight outside of rule airspace on purpose and then getting the FAA to manually approve it.
I politely requested such manual approval via the ADS-B Rebate Help email address, hoping to hear back soon.

How long does it usually take to get the manual approval? Since this is a government organization, am I looking at days, weeks or morelike months?

Attachments

• ADS-B_Check_Flight_Sm.jpg
    ADS-B_Check_Flight_Sm.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 48
Couldn't you just do 7 million 360's over downtown Austin within the Class C as it doesn't interfere with their approach paths?

You used the wrong link for the report. You did the rebate link, which you don’t need. If the main report (not the GAIRS) shows no red, then you’re compliant.

Manual approval took a few days if I remember right.
Thank you, sir.

You used the wrong link for the report. You did the rebate link, which you don’t need. If the main report (not the GAIRS) shows no red, then you’re compliant.
I used the link from the email they sent me. If that's the wrong link, it would not surprise me. Afterall, we are dealing with a government entity here. :)
I received both reports, the PAPR and GAIRS. GAIRS was the one that showed some red, due me not being in the rule airspace. (which, btw, is a pointless requirement)

Beyond the fail/passed and wrong report...very nicely done on the flight path! I don’t have enough artistic creativity to pull it off.

UPDATE: To my (pleasant) surprise, the FAA got back to me within 24 hours. They reviewed the track manually, agreed that the overpriced useless box performed flawlessly and complimented me on the shape in the sky.
I finished the process with the last step and the rebate check is supposedly on its way. Woo!

Beyond the fail/passed and wrong report...very nicely done on the flight path! I don’t have enough artistic creativity to pull it off.
FWIW, I am not an artist either but pulled it off nonetheless with some basic rudimentary engineering skills. Had I not half-assed it and done more prep work, it could have come out looking better. Not that I cared much. I just didn't want to do plain circles in the sky like a retard on a tricycle. If I have to waste 45 minutes in the sky, I might as well do something fun.

UPDATE: To my (pleasant) surprise, the FAA got back to me within 24 hours. They reviewed the track manually, agreed that the overpriced useless box performed flawlessly and complimented me on the shape in the sky.
I finished the process with the last step and the rebate check is supposedly on its way. Woo!

They beat me to saying ours was next biz day.

The tester is full of bugs that don’t matter but written to spec, and they don’t have any money to contract it out again. It’s been like that from the start. So tons of stuff fails and they “fixed” it by having someone sit there and approve stuff quickly.

Back