Canadians have had a rough day today.

Looks like something was pretty warm on the wheel hub of that Q400. Couldn't tell if flame or really toasty metal.

Looks like something was pretty warm on the wheel hub of that Q400. Couldn't tell if flame or really toasty metal.

Thats interesting, My guess is that it was left at the high initial torque on installation. The bearing seized and burned the nut off.

In the passenger video of the wheel loss at YUL, the pax seem pretty relaxed, and even laugh and make faces at the camera. During the landing, you can hear someone say "c'est trop facile" (this is too easy).

..bearing failure. Important to check those bearings for wear when repacking the grease.

It’s WINTER.
Every day’s a rough day in Canada right now!
That's why retired Canadians head down to Florida and Arizona in winter. (Actually, it's a secret program to get rid of our most-annoying neighbours for 4 months every year while we enjoy the snow, but don't let them hear that.)

Captain: ''You lost the wheel, hoser..''

FO: ''No, you lost the wheel, hoser...''

Captain: ''Don't call me a hoser, hoser..''

ad infinitum

You forgot the part about breaking into the Tim Horton's doughnuts (ya, that's how they spell it in Canadian) with a Molson's chaser.
Hoser!

Oh. I thought we were taking about Ukrainian Boeing full of Canadians in Iran.

Back