Colorado Gang

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Here's the current list...turns out I hadn't updated it since 2013. Anyone in Colorado not on the list (and want's to be on the list?) PM me. I really need to get a job. Definitely time for lunch.

agflyboy
AirmanG
Apelsin Elise
bjc-cherokee
bonker
Boulderick
bushy mustache
cbmontogo
coflyboy
Colojo
colopilot
ColoradoJoe
Coloradokevin
copperblu
cowboynjco
denverpilot
dhindmanjr
e-pie
eric
eyeflying
FOXMIKE
G K
gauzeguy
gkainz
ionosphere80
izzydogg
jayhawk
jjflys
john_at_salida
l8evator
Lachlan
LBCAK
Luigi
madriverman
mtn2skies
murphey
O-200
peevee
pikespeakmtnman
pilotalan
pilotod
rachelk.tailwinds
sportpilotco
stagecoachco
steve
Tom F.
V1-Vr-V2

** we still claim these (no matter how loudly they refuse to be associated with us!)

* midlifeflyer
* teller1900
* random
* LoneAspen
* everskyward
* overdrive148
* clark1961 [not speaking to us anymore]

> new members we just noticed
AdventurerDNA

** we still claim these (no matter how loudly they refuse to be associated with us!)

* midlifeflyer
* teller1900
* random
* LoneAspen
* everskyward
* overdrive148
* clark1961 [not speaking to us anymore]

> new members we just noticed
AdventurerDNA

I will never, ever refuse to be associated with the Colorado group!

I'm close, but no cigar. South of Durango, a couple of hundred yards inside New Mexico. :) I'm in CO on most of my flights.

You can add me. KennyM from down in Pueblo.
Push the airport get the restaurant up and running again, and we'll plan a lunch down there. I flew down there about a month ago --- whoops! No food! Even the TSA staff are unhappy about it. Does Doss have it's own snack bar? Seems like with all the Doss staff and the museum, shouldn't be too hard to start the food up again. Of course the problem is making it profitable.

Wait...isn't that why the original owner left a few years ago? The airport raised the rent to an outlandish level? There's been at least 2 owners since then. #1 had the restaurant at FTG, walked out on both with no notice IIRC.

Last edited:
Push the airport get the restaurant up and running again, and we'll plan a lunch down there. I flew down there about a month ago --- whoops! No food! Even the TSA staff are unhappy about it. Does Doss have it's own snack bar? Seems like with all the Doss staff and the museum, shouldn't be too hard to start the food up again. Of course the problem is making it profitable.

Wait...isn't that why the original owner left a few years ago? The airport raised the rent to an outlandish level? There's been at least owners since then. #1 had the restaurant at FTG, walked out on both with no notice IIRC.
Hey - maybe the guys from the restaurant at BJC can come down there to show them how it's done ... oh wait, I guess PUB already followed their method ... :(

Hello Murph,

Just PM’d you I think. Never tried that before on this forum. Have lived in Durango, CO since 2002 part time.
Four Corners area is an outstanding place to fly. Would like to be added to your list.

Regards,

Hello Murph,

Just PM’d you I think. Never tried that before on this forum. Have lived in Durango, CO since 2002 part time.
Four Corners area is an outstanding place to fly. Would like to be added to your list.

Regards,
got ya

I’m in the Denver area, I frequent the medical board, not much to contribute here except my 7 hours logged on a few discovery flights

Farmington isn't too far. About 30 miles south and west. As I mentioned, I'm at the state line south of Durango, near highway 550.

I have often thought that whoever drew that CO/NM state line was a genius. Seems like the relief of the terrain and the vegetation changes to so much greener and picturesque in a matter of < 1/4 mile. Spectacular area in any season.

Hey - maybe the guys from the restaurant at BJC can come down there to show them how it's done ... oh wait, I guess PUB already followed their method ... :(

Only flown to Denver once (from SLC and will again I’m sure) but chose BJC as the place to park the plane while the wife and I spent a few days in Denver. Caught an Avs game and went to see the ice sculptures at Breck. On departure day it had snowed overnight so we spent several hours in that restaurant. Good memories and good food. And the FBO was super helpful also.

Back